
At Thanksgiving, Cianan (19 months old) had his hammer ready to help his dad put up a railing on the stairway leading to my back yard.
Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for your prayers. This past week the Lord sent me some encouraging news. I finally got in touch with the radiology oncologist at UCSF. She said that the MRI taken on November 30th looks good. After my initial surgery, 5% of the myeloma tumor behind my left eye remained and UCSF radiated it for several weeks. That 5% has now disappeared. She also noted some changes in my brain but expected that as a result of the healing from the initial surgery.
I believe all the tests requested by UCSF to qualify me for the Stem Cell Transplant (SCT) have been done. I will meet with my Modesto Oncologist next Wednesday to review the results of these tests. If the Lord does not want me to have the SCT, then it would be easy for Him to make one of the results keep me from it. It is wonderful to have Him in charge of my life, with all its twists and turns. What comes my way may be surprising to me, but not to Him.
Medical Updates
1) I haven't had any additional blood clots but my coumadin mgs have been increased.
2) I still have neuropathy in my feet and legs in the evening.
3) I sleep very well each night but am still using one tablet of Lorazapam to help.
4) I still have blepharitis in my eyes but I think it's getting better. The ophthamologist said it would take time to clear it.
5) If I qualify for the SCT, I will go over to UCSF to review the whole process with their Transplant Team and schedule the week for them to remove some of my stem cells. If I get that far, they freeze my stem cells to kill the myeloma and then, in a test environment, they see if my stem cells will reproduce. If they do not, then they will not proceed with the transplant.
Please pray that God will:
a) Glorify His name through my experience with myeloma
b) Help me mature in my faith, trusting Him fully
c) Bless all those who are praying for me and helping me
d) Help my family to fully lean on God and receive from Him everything that they need
e) Give me peace even if I do not qualify for the SCT
f) Steady me emotionally
g) Show me that He is my best friend
h) Enable me to receive my driver's license back (thank you, Lord, for those brave servants who are willing to ride with me while I am practicing for my January 6, 2011, DMV driving test)
I've been thinking about praying Scripture and wanted to share one way you too could do this. You choose a Scripture addressing your need, like I did with:
James 1:2-4 "My brethern, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
Then you pray a prayer that reflects the Scripture you have selected, like:
Heavenly Father, I am committed to welcoming my trials as friends rather than enemies. I receive the joy You have promised. Show me how You are developing patience in me as an encouragement. Thank You that You are using my multiple myeloma to perfect and complete me, providing everything I need. Amen
Lovingly held in His loving arms,
Jane
Thanks for all of your faithful updates!!!
ReplyDeleteMary Lou told me about the tumor being gone behind your eye, that is so awesome! God is so Good!!!!
Hoping you have a Merry Christmas!!!
Love you!
Hi Jane!
ReplyDeleteA verse I love:
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
-Suzanne
The Lord is good Jane!!! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!! Janelle Foster
ReplyDeleteDearest Jane,
ReplyDeleteIm praying for that driving test and for healing, of course! It will be nice to have wheels again. We love you a bunch and are praying for your requests. The Lord is faithful and all powerful.
Mary Lou Happy new year- This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.