"As for man, his days are like grass; as a flower of the field, so he flourishes. For the wind passes over it, and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, and His righteousness to children's children, to such as keep His covenant, and to those who remember His commandments to do them."
Dear Family and Friends,
I am so grateful for your prayers. Also, thank you for all the volunteer service you have given me. What a wonderful "family" I have, who see the need and respond. May God richly bless you. I can see Christ in you.
The DMV sent me a Special Instruction Permit that allows me to drive my car now, as long as I have with me a California licensed driver over 24 years of age. This will give me a chance to practice driving before my January 6, 2011, driving test. Praise the Lord for giving me this opportunity.
Medical Update:
1) On Monday, December 13, I will have an EKG and some blood work to help qualify me for the Stem Cell Transplant (SCT).
2) On Wednesday, December 22, I will meet with my Modesto oncologist to go over all the results of the tests done to qualify me for the SCT at UCSF. Some of the tests take 10 days or more to get the results.
3) I am still waiting to hear from the UCSF radiological oncologist regarding the MRI of my head taken on November 30th at UCSF. She had jury duty but is back at work now.
4) My eye lids are improving but the healing is slow (blepharitis).
5) I think the swelling in my right ankle is gone. Praise the Lord!
Please pray that the Lord will:
a) Help me to allow His love to flow through my life, even during stressful times.
b) Keep me aware of His presence.
c) Give me on-going confidence in His plans for my life.
d) Turn the results of the tests for the SCT to match His perfect will.
e) Receive my praise for all He has done through my cancer.
From "31 Days of Praise" by Ruth Myers: "Lord, thank You that I have a place in You and Your Kingdom that is eternal, that nothing can separate me from Your limitless, intensely personal love - the one love that is not the least bit based on how much I deserve it, the one love that can never lessen or fail. Thank You that You will never be disillusioned with me, for You already know all about me past, present and future. How great is Your love toward me, Father, that I should be called Your child; and such I am. How amazing that I am precious in Your eyes, and that You love me! Amen"
Is there anything you are withholding from the Lord? Surrender it to Him - He is trustworthy.
Love,
Jane
Dearest Jane,
ReplyDeleteAs always, I am so blessed to read your blog. Im so thankful for your godly attitude and for His many answers to our prayers. Nothing is too difficult for Him. We are upholding you in these many tests and trusting Him to guide for the possible SST. And how good it will be to be able to drive again. Yippee! love, Mary Lou
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful news! I am so glad the DMV saw fit to provide this opportunity. It is also good to hear that your eye infection and swollen ankle are improving.
You are constantly in our prayers, as are the friends who are helping you. Love you - Linda
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteWonderful news regarding DMV's decision! I hope you are getting plenty of practice. If you need a 'passenger'--give me a call!
Wonderful to hear the blepharitis is improving!
You are in my daily thoughts and prayers. Hope to see you soon!
Love,
Lynne