"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, My God, in Him I will trust."
Dear Family and Friends,
I appreciate your prayers and your faith in our Heavenly Father for my care. The picture above is me and a statue of Hippocrates, a man who lived 400 years before Christ. Hippocrates is considered the father of medicine. During my treatment at UCSF, I would pass by this statue regularly, but it only reminded me that my trust is in the Lord, the creator of all life (even Hippocrates' life). My life is also in His hands. He knows the number of my days.
All of the tests requested by UCSF to determine whether I am a viable candidate for the Stem Cell Transplant (SCT) have been performed and the results sent. Last Wednesday, I met with my Modesto oncologist to discuss the results. He did not see anything that would keep me from the SCT but UCSF has their own measures and I probably won't hear from them until sometime in January 2011. I love it that God is in control and that the outcome is in His hands.
I've been driving around town with my "driving instructors". I haven't hit any cars yet and am becoming more familiar with driving again. Thank you to those who are brave enough to help me practice.
Medical Updates:
1) I am still on a number of medications and would love to be on none.
2) The neurophathy is still in my feet and ankles, especially in the evenings.
3) My blepharitis is still in my eyes and I'm using medication to help, but it seems to continue on.
Please pray that the Lord will:
a) Help me to focus on all His many benefits, His love, His goodness, His provision for all my needs
b) Give me His peace
c) Mature me in my faith
d) Enable me to pass my driving test on January 6th
e) Help me to rely on His wisdom and not my own
f) Accomplish every purpose for which He created me
g) Encourage me to pray more for others
h) Glorify His name through my multiple myeloma
Thank you again for your prayers. God is faithful and trustworthy. Isn't it wonderful that He will never leave us or forsake us? We are never alone and His love for us is endless.
In His great love,
Jane
Jane,
ReplyDeleteI love reading your updates. Your faith and trust in God help me focus my own. I know you struggle ... we all do ... but we continue in our struggle of faith because God is faithful ... always!
Praying for you my friend.
Sue
Love you sweet sister!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a Merry Christmas!
We are praying in TX!
I am so glad that all of the tests have been completed and that they look promising! You are in our prayers for the decision you will be making regarding the SCT. We love you - Ed and Linda
ReplyDeleteHi Jane! I know it is hard waiting for medical results, but at least we know that when we wait on the Lord, He renews us and conforms us more into the image of Christ.
ReplyDeleteI love this phrase from a chapter of Hebrews I just finished:
Christ is "the brightness of [God's] glory and the express image of His person."
Love in Him,
Suzanne Akard
Hi Jane!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a wonderful Christmas! I thought of you and your so cute decorated house!!! :) Am continuing to pray for you esp. regarding your upcoming DMV drivers test! Pray that you pass with flying colors!!!!
I got "31 Days of Praise" for my birthday last week. I had never heard of the book until you started quoting it on this blog. Am looking forward to going through the book. Speaking of books...how is the big print books working for you?
Please call if you need anything!!! I think of you often and pray for you daily.
Love,
Lynne
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you.
"Cast your burden upon the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." Ps 55:22
love in Him, Butch