Thursday, August 19, 2010
Psalm 18:30 "As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven, He is a shield in all who trust in Him."
The Bay Area has such different flowers than the Valley. I am really enjoying the different colors and textures. Everything the Lord does is perfect, even the trials we go through. God does not waste anything but uses our trials to conform us to the image of His wonderful Son.
Medical Updates:
1) I have hit the half way mark on the initial radiation (gamma knife) treatment. Today I completed treatment number 13 out of approximately 24. Each day I see some small change in the vision of my left eye. I tallked with Dr. Sneed (my radiologist) on Wednesday and in testing what I could see with my left eye, I saw her hold two fingers in front of her and then she changed it to five fingers. I asked her if she had done that and she said yes. Hip-hip-hooray! Dr. Sneed is the most patient doctor I have ever met. She always has time for me and no question is unimportant.
2) Last night I changed sleep medication again, trying to find something that will allow me to sleep more than four hours per night. I have gone over to Ambient Controlled Release and got 8 hours of sleep which is wonderful. Thank you for your prayers. Continue to pray for a loug good sleep. It has to overcome the steroids which is no easy feat.
3) I continue chemo on Monday mornings in Modesto. At present, the worst of the side effects are swollen feet, a small cough and some bruising.
Please ask God to:
a) Use this trial to glorify His name and conform me to the image of His Son
b) Cleanse my body from all multiple myeloma
c) Restore the vision in my left eye as He sees fit
d) Help me use each day to fulfill His purposes for my life
e) Humble myself before Him and serve others
f) Continue to control the side effects of the radiation and chemo
g) Help Zac and Krista return to their lives, his job and their home.
Thank you so much for your prayers. I am coming home to Modesto again on Friday for the weekend (I am very grateful for that). Thanks to all of you who are helping me in so many ways. May the Lord richly bless you as you serve Him. When you help someone in Christ's name, He receives it and in return blesses your life. David, Denise's son across the street, is putting my garbage into the alley on Wednesday evenings. He says that it makes him feel good to do something for someone else. That is what I mean by God blessing you in return.
From the prayer in "The Bow in the Cloud or Words of Comfort for Hours of Sorrow (1880)" by John Ross McDuff: "Blessed God, it is behind the cloud You often speak most tenderly, teaching precious lessons which in no other way could be learned. I know that when Your purposes of love are at last unfolded, I will see and own all to have been needed, and all to have been for the best. Abundantly sanctify present trials. May they prove heart-searchers, weaning me from earth, and training me by their discipline for glory. May I hear in them the needed voice - "Arise and depart, for this is not your rest." Let me live from day to day, realizing the uncertain and precarious tenure which binds me to earth's best blessings. Striking, at Your command, my earthly tent, may I be enabled to pitch it nearer Heaven and nearer You - declaring plainly that I seek a "better country."
Thanks so much for your prayers. In May, I wrote to one of the Bridge of Hope children I support in India (Victor), asking that he pray for my pancreatitis to be healed. He wrote back right away saying, "When we get sick, we pray to Jesus and He heals us." The simple faith of a child is wonderful to behold.
Love to all,
Jane Chawinga
http://janechawinga.blogspot.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment