
These are the three daughters of Carl and Martha Claassen who look forward to joining their parents in Heaven one day: Mary Lou, Jane and Linda - three sisters who all love the Lord, love to sing together, go shopping to try on hats, enjoy camping as long as the bears stay away.
Dear Friends and Family,
I really appreciate your faithful prayers. God is working in my circumstances to bring glory to His name.
Medical Update:
1) I started the second full week of radiation yesterday. It is actually gamma knife radiation. This is one of the reasons the radiation is being done in San Francisco. They have the expertise. There are about five cuts per treatment. I have had about seven treatments so I have about 17 sessions remaining.
2) Yesterday, I had a consult with Dr. Mojab, Oncologist in Modesto. My chemo treatment has been transferred to Modesto and I start a new round of chemo next Monday. On Mondays, before I go over to San Francisco for my radiation, I will get my chemo treatment at Dr. Mojab's office.
3) Each day, there is some tiny gain in vision in my left eye. The change each day is very tiny but it is changing. My side affects from the steroids are swollen feet, difficulty in standing to my feet (the front leg muscles don't want to work, but they eventually come through] and difficulty in sleeping (TOO WIRED). I first took Ambient but it didn't really work so I went over to Lunesta. Lunesta also does not work so we are going to try Ambient CR, provided heath insurance will cover it.
Please pray that;
1) God's perfect will be received with joy
2) His continued presence for each trial will remain and I will take great comfort from it
3) God will control a small cough I have acquired
4) Everything that God wants to accomplish through this trial will be done in His way and at His timing
5) That God will heal my clavicle. It's been six weeks since I broke it but because the bones are riddled with multiple myeloma, they are taking a long time to heal but nothing is impossible for God.
The other day I was talking to my younger sister, Linda, about how wonderful it was that God had me memorize Psalm 103 last summer, and to keep it during the year, since I was going to need it this summer. I told her about the motion method of memorizing where you make up a motions to match the Scripture in order to remember it. I had also been praying for several years that my sister's grandchildren (three darling girls, eight years old and two five year old twins) would really get into memorizing God's Word "so not to sin against Him". Those of you with young children know what a challenge it is to make the time for them to memorize God's Word. Sometimes you do well to just make it through the day.
Well, God did a wonderful thing yesterday. Linda was watching her grandkids and the oldest one was being contrary, getting into things she should not be. Linda gathered the three of them together and told them about Auntie Jane's way of memorizing Scripture. Just as an illustration, she randomly opened up her Bible and it fell open to Isaiah 30:1, "Woe to the rebellious children, says the Lord, who take counsel, but not of Me and who devise plans but not of My Spirit that they may add sin to sin." The girls started talking about the meaning of the word "woe" and created a motion to stand for woe (hands out to keep someone away) and then what did rebellious mean? In Linda's version the word was "obstinate". One of the girls was standing with her arms crossed and leaning on one hip. Linda thought that was an excellent demonstration of obstinate so, after Linda complemented her on it, they used it. They really started to get into it with all the motions. When their mother came home and heard what they had been doing, she rolled her eyes and wished she could immediately and permanently apply that Scripture to their lives.
When God says His Word will not return void but will accomplish what it set out to do, He is not making that up. Also, there is the promise from Psalm 119:11 that as we hide His Word in our hearts, it will help us not sin against Him. Isn't He fantastic? He actually makes a way for us to be pleasing in His sight.
Thanks again for your prayers. God has been faithful day by day and helped me in every way.
In Him,
Jane
No comments:
Post a Comment