Monday, August 9, 2010

Isaiah 54:13. "All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children."



My son Zac and daughter-in-love Krista who have been my main care givers since day-one.

Dear Friends and Family,

Thank you for praying for me. We have no idea of the power of prayer. Very slightly, the vision in my left eye is changing. We don't know how much it will change or how it will stabilize. Keep praying that the Lord will give me the vision He wants me to have in my left eye. Right after the surgery, what should have been the whites of my left eye were all bright red. Now, there is just a small spot of pink left with the rest back to white. Praise the Lord.

My medical update is about the same. I'm in the middle of radiation and chemo. Fortunately, the side affects are minor although my hands are a little more shaky and my legs are a little weaker. Praise the Lord that I am able to go home to Modesto each weekend. When you get into your own bed tonight, take a moment to thank the Lord that you have a place to stay and a bed to sleep in.

Last Saturday, my hair dresser, Richard Vargas, had a very great challenge to face as he tried to make my hair take some sort of shape. Brain surgery (or strain burgery, as we call it) gives you a hair style that makes you fit right in on the streets of San Francisco but not so much on McHenry Avenue. I have never had such short hair (except when I was born). Richard did a great job. During the summer, he always wants to give me a short, short cut but I always say, "not too short." On Saturday, he got his wish.

Please pray that;

1) The side effects of the radiation and chemo remain under control
2) The Lord heals my left eye
3) The Lord removes the multiple myeloma from my body
4) His name is glorified
5) More people will be drawn to faith in Christ

Thanks so much for praying. Just talk to Him as simply as you talk to a dear friend. He loves you and Jesus ever intercedes for us before the Father. He gives us such joy.

Lean on Him completely,

Jane

3 comments:

  1. My Dearest Jane,
    Thank you for keep posting the updates. You have been in my thoughts and prayers since the first day that I heard about your illness. I am always praying for the lists that you put on the blog. I know the Lord will answer all the prayers and you will have full recovery.
    In regard to your hair and the short cut, I am sure you look gorgeous no matter what kind of hair you have, short short or any other styles fit for anywhere. Your hair always looks beautiful! I cannot wait to see your new hair do.
    I like to stop by for a few second this weekend and drop off whatever food you or Zac and Christa feel like having. Please let me know. By the way, that is a super beautiful picture of Zac and Christa.
    Love,
    -Arbella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arbella, can you come by on Sat at 3 pm? Zac and Krista are vegetarians so if you would like to bring a little something vegetarian (eggs are OK) that would be great. I would love to see you. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane,

    Reading your prayer requests and praying! So glad to hear about the vision in your eye still changing. Much love,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete