Dear Friends and Family,
Aren't blog spots wonderful? I can keep everyone up to date and also hear back from you. How cool. Of course, all along we have had "God spots" from the Bible, giving us encouragement and promises beyond our understanding.
I appreciate your feedback; it is such an encouragement to me.
Medical News (OK, if you have a light stomach, skip this part):
1) We are currently at the Kabuki Hotel in Japanese Town, San Francisco. Sushi is not my favorite but my oldest son, Zac, loves it. From the hotel, my family takes me to out-patient care for chemo and radiation. This coming Tuesday afternoon, UCSF will insert a port in my neck so that the chemo and radiation can be given more easily.
2) The doctors are also giving me something for the nauseau and something to help me sleep. I was at the Olive Garden Friday night after my first chemo treatment and fell asleep while eating Chicken Marsala - can you imagine! Quite embarrassing since it was sooooo delicious.
3) For the next five weeks, my out-patient care will be Monday through Friday in San Francisco and I hope to come home to my house in Modesto on the weekends. As long as you or any member of your family is not sick, and you want to come over for a visit, please give me a call at (209) 204-1498 to arrange a short visit. I'm not really up for long visits but would love to have short ones, laying my eyes on each of you.
Please pray that:
1) The Lord will heal me
2) I continue to rely on the Lord
3) All glory will go to His name
4) I will have plenty of opportunity to share with people about the Lord
"The Bow in the Cloud or Words of Comfort for Hours of Sorrow (1880) by John Ross McDufff''
"Do not trouble yourself regarding an unknown and veiled future; but cast all your cares on God. God proportions His grace to the nature and the season of the trial. He does not forestal or advance a supply of grace, but when the needed season comes, then the appropriate strength and support are imparted. He does not send the rainbow before the cloud, but when the cloud appears, the rainbow is seen in it.
Present grace is enough for present necessity. Trust God for the future. We honor Him not by anticipating trial, but by confiding in His faithfulness and crediting His assurance, that no temptation will be sent greater than we can bear. Even if you should see fresh clouds returning after the rain, be ready to say, "I will fear no evil, for You are with me." See written over every trying hour of the future, "So shall your strength be."
It's a beautiful day here in San Francisco, sunny and bright, and of course, cool. This wasn't exactly the summer I thought I'd be having this year but the Lord knew long ago.
Love to all of you,
Jane
I would love to see you, especially since we are moving so soon!!!! I will be calling you! Praying for you my friend!
ReplyDeleteLove&Peace In Jesus,
summur
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteI'm really upset! I had NO IDEA Olive Garden had Chicken Marcella.....I guess I never read that far down the menu!!! Next time I'll have to go beyond the pasta section!
Our prayer chain group (for Don L.) got together tonight after church and prayed for you. It was such a blessing to be able to do that together.
I'm so glad your family can be with you right now for your support. So important for you.
We miss you very much and it would be wonderful for you to be able to come home on weekends. I would love to see you.
Thank you again for keeping us updated with the blog. I printed out your latest entry and gave it to Corine tonight. It's great to hear from you, and to be able to pray specifically for you. I'm also loving the excerpts you are sharing from "Bow in the Clouds". Someone had told me about that book, and I had written down the title intending to look it up.
We miss you very much! Hope to see you soon!
Love,
Lynne Marcus
Jane - we'd love to drop by and see you, at least Jeremiah and I would love to, we'll leave our kiddies behind. We're in s.cal for about a week and then on the coast. We'll be around after the 12th. I'll contact you then.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you. Can't wait to give you a hug.
Hi Jane! You look beautiful! And the beauty of the words you share is an encouragement to me. I have not stopped praying for you. I hope all the medications have not stopped you from remembering your Psalm! Time to get going on another one....
ReplyDeleteTreatments, medications, hospital visits, IV ports, steroids.....this all sounds like the summer we spent in Palo Alto five years ago with Serafina. And the other great similarity, a great loving God who takes care of us every moment.
May you have the rest you need, strength for each day, joy and healing.
Suzanne
Dearest Jane,
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely right, Blog Spots are wonderful. I am praying for your full recovery and healing. You are in God’s hands and I know he will answer all of our prayers.
We all are looking forward to your home coming. I like to stop by and bring you some healthy and nutritious Assyrian food when you come home. I can assure you that Ashorina will want to do the same. I am sure you know that she loves to feed everyone.
What is about Sushi that our children love it so much? I am like you I rather have a nice piece of Salmon grilled on BBQ.
Love,
-Arbella
Jane, I'm so glad to see your beautiful smiling face in the post below. I thank God for you and for your family's good care.
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs,
Sheri Lindquist
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely right, Blog Spots are wonderful. I am praying for your full recovery and healing. You are in God’s hands and I know he will answer all of our prayers.
We all are looking forward to your home coming. I like to stop by and bring you some healthy and nutritious Assyrian food when you come home. I can assure you that Ashorina will want to do the same. I am sure you know that she loves to feed everyone.
What is about Sushi that our children love it so much? I am like you I rather have a nice piece of Salmon grilled on BBQ.
Love,
-Arbella
Dearest Jane,
ReplyDeleteLove your picture with your hat! Your smile and your trust in the Lord shine through! We're praying for you during your chemo and radiation treatments. I know God will continue to shine through you in all your contacts.
The year we moved to Newton (1987) my Dad had a brain tumor with surgery and radiation. I drove him to most of his twenty-five treatments, from Newton to Whitewater to Wichita, back to Whitewater and Newton (100 miles round trip). Although not an easy time, I have such sweet memories of those times together.
I am so thankful for your boys and sisters who are taking such good care of you! Unexpected time together.
Here is my verse for you today:
"The Lord your God is WITH YOU, HE IS MIGHTY TO SAVE. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." ~Zephaniah 3:17
Enjoy cool San Francisco. Last night my son Jeff posted this on Face Book: "It's 9:30 p.m. and it has cooled down to a balmy 99 degrees."
:) It had been 107 earlier.
Thank God for air conditioning and all His blessings! HE IS GOOD...ALL THE TIME.
I want to pass along your story to a friend from church who also has a brain tumor.
What would we do without the Lord and all His promises!?!
Love you, dear Jane!
Marilyn
I'm glad to hear you will be able to come home on the weekends, a bit of "normalcy". You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. What a blessing to see Jesus so clearly in you life.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Ann Godfrey
Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord you God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
Hello, dearest Jane,
ReplyDeleteHere is a verse that I love:
"The Lord your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
~Zephaniah 3:4
Isn't that great? The God of the Universe taking delight in you and me!
You look darling in your hat--same smile shining through. We are praying for you daily.
Love,
Marilyn
Hey Cuz,
ReplyDeleteYou're in our thoughts and prayers a lot! Wanted you to know it. We love & appreciate you, Gord & Yarna
So good to have your Blogs and to keep up with your progress...Your picture is good dig the hat:)
ReplyDeleteWe love you dear friend and so thankful that you have the love and support of your family at this time. We continue much in prayer for you...He is with you and will give the strength for each new day. 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me' is the Scripture I have held on to in the times of geatest need. Love you, David and Jean.
Thank you so much for your encouraging words. God is so good. His faithfulness is unsearchable.
ReplyDelete