Saturday, July 31, 2010

Romans 8:28: "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.


Dear Friends and Family,

You cannot possibly know how much I appreciate your prayers. God understands every word you say, no matter how you put it.

Carrie and Lynn, thank you for the cat box story. Hillarious. Give Angel a pat for me.

Medical Report:

1) I had my first out-patient chemo treatment yesterday at UCSF. The staff at UCSF is wonderful and very consistent.
2) Since surgery on July 10, 2010, I have been on steroids to reduce the swelling in my left brain but those pills make me hyper and unable to sleep (wired - big time). So the doctor now ordered a sleep aid and last night I slept for seven hours (whoo hoo!) and my sister, who is staying with me and helping me, says "Hallalujah"! My younger sister Linda from Missouri, my older sister Mary Lou and brother-in-law Butch from Oregon, and my two sons, Zac and Sam are taking wonderful care of me here on a rotating basis in a hotel in San Francisco while I am an out-patient.
3) I am recovering more and more from my surgery but still do not have much vision in my left eye.

Please pray for:

1) The opportunity to speak of His wonderful grace at every turn.
2) His miraculous healing.
3) That His name will be glorified in every aspect of my life.
4) That I will glorify His name in this trial

Prayer:

"The Bow in the Cloud or Words of Comfort for Hours of Sorrow (1880) by John Ross McDuff

"I adore Your sovereignty. There is no such thing as accident or chance with You. It is You who brings the cloud over the earth. It is You alike who gives blessings and takes them away. Forbid that I should murmur under Your righteous actions or question your dealings. I may be unable to trace the mystery of Your ways and to discern the footsteps of a God of Love. I may fail to see the bright light in the cloud. Give me grace to trust You; to glorify You by implicit faith and unquestionable submission to Your Holy Will saying, "Even so, Father, for it seems good in Your sight. These and all others needed blessings, I humbly ask in the name of Him whom You always hear, Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. Amen."

May the Lord richly bless each one of you. I love you and am praying for you.

Stay in His grip,

Jane

PS "Life begins at 40, but so do fallen arches, rheumatism, faulty eyesight, and the tendency to tell a story to the same person, three or four times." Journalist Helen Rowland, quoted by Newsday

No comments:

Post a Comment