Sunday, August 1, 2010
Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love,"
This was my first time to see my new grandson Cuinn. What a blessing!
Dear Ones,
Thank you so much for over 100 responses to my blog in comments and e-messages. What a support system I have. May God richly bless you.
Medical Update (OK, if medical is not your thing, go straight to prayer requests. If you don't pray, start today!)
1) I had my first radiation treatment today. They zapped five different angles into the remaining 5% of the tumor that is still hanging onto my left optic nerve in hopes of improving the vision in that eye. I will have radiation five days a week for the next five weeks here in San Francisco.
2) At the same time in San Francisco but every 1st, 4th, 8th, and 11th day, I will receive chemo therapy. I have already had day 1 chemo.
3) The Lord is wonderfully helping me. I'm a little unsteady on my feet but generally feel pretty good. The radiation makes me a little tired but I am still on the steroids to reduce the brain swelling (those things make you real hungry, like a sumo wrestler) but the doctors are also giving me something to help me sleep.
4) For the other spots of multiple myeloma in my body, the doctors are waiting to see how the initial radiation and chemo go before making any decisions about treating them.
Please pray that:
a) The Lord will heal my left eye
b) The Lord will completely remove the multiple myeloma from my body
c) His name will be glorified through this trial
d) All glory will go His name for His mighty acts
Some people have commented that they are amazed that I have such peace with God through this trial. You too can have wonderful peace with God despite anything you are going through. It's as easy as this prayer:
Lord Jesus,
I am sorry for the things I have done wrong in my life. Please forgive me. I now turn from everything that I know is wrong.
Thank You that You died on the cross for me so that I could be forgiven and set free. Thank You that You offer me forgiveness and the gift of Your Spirit. I now receive that gift. Please come into my life by Your Holy Spirit to be with me forever.
Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen.
If you have prayed this prayer, right away go tell a Believer what you have done. You have made the best decision of your life.
Love to each one of you,
Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dearest Jane,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new grand baby son. He looks adorable in the arms of his stylish grand mammy.
I am not surprised at all to find you at peace during this time. You were always strong in your faith and always walked in peace. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
We are all looking forward to have your back in Modesto and back at work. Everyone misses you dearly.
Love,
-Arbella
What a beautiful JOY! A baby BOY! I love his name. Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteJane, I will never forgot our conversation about the song "Jesus Loves Me" and what it means to you. I think of your story every time Madison sings it and it brings me peace. I wanted to share a funny story with you about it. Madison recently attended Vacation Bible School and the teacher did a sign in sign language and asked all the children (about 40 or so) what it was. Madison, without hesitating, yelled out "JESUS!" It was so sweet. I found "Jesus Loves Me" in sign language on YouTube several months ago and we have been signing it when we sing it so she already knew it. VERY PROUD Momma moment! I thought you would enjoy.
We miss you and continue to pray for you every day.
Shawna and Madison
Amen, sister! Jesus loves you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Jane! What a cutie! Cuinn joins Ceenan (sp?). Wondering how old Ceenan is by now..... They grow up so fast!
ReplyDeleteWe are enjoying our four grandchildren: Adrianna (5) and Bree (7 mo) - Greg and Amber's girls, and Charlie (3) and Lillian (one) - Jeff and Jess's boy and girl. Charlie and Lillian live here in Newton so we see them often.
Psalm 78:1-8 is my prayer for passing on our legacy to the next generation.
May all who come behind us find us faithful.....
Thanks for sharing your faith with all of us!
Love,
Marilyn
Dearest Neighbor Jane: What a Blessing you are!! We are looking forward to seeing you. Although I am not very good at this Comp. I am able to read your Blog. Love It!! I have requested prayer for you, and I just want to say, "I believe in Prayer" I have experienced that first hand. When I want someone to pray for something, I call my Mom. She knows God, she has alittle extra pull. Ha. Really! We have a prayer circle going for YOU. She sends this message. " God will not take you anywhere that his grace does not go with you " You are in Gods hands, and what wonderful hands you are in. Gods speed in your recovery. Love and Prayers, Tom and Dee Cole. across the street neighbors.
ReplyDeleteDear Jane: Your grand son is beautiful! I have said your prayer and I will continue to use it. I have just completed my 13th of 43 radiation treatments for prostate cancer. Got the Diagnosis the same week I turned in my retirement letter. Your words have given me strength. I know that you are a fighter Jane because I have seen you at work. Keep up the good fight. I will keep you in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteMy best to you always.
Derek Waring
Many prayers your way. Janelle Foster
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteIncredible. God does not give us more that we can bear but provides His grace, His mercy and His presence to see us through.
ReplyDeleteI have put you on my prayer list.
Jane
He sure does Jane.
ReplyDeleteDear Jane,
ReplyDeleteYay for the new grandson!!!! :) What a wonderful picture of the two of you.
You are in our continued thoughts and prayers. Tonight is the dinner at church for Don & Catherine. I will take some photos and send them to you. We will miss you!
We are enjoying some fabulous weather here in Modesto....the evenings have been so nice and cool--wonderful change from the heat of a few weeks ago. Hope it works out that you can come home on weekends.
Praying for you!!
lynne marcus