
This is one of my dear sisters (Mary Lou). My other sister Linda is also dear but I don't have a current picture of her. What a wonderful family Lord gave me.
Dear Family and Friends,
I have always loved the Book of Ruth in the Bible. In Chapter One we see three mistakes to avoid: Naomi's unbelief, deception and bitterness. In Chapter Two we see three ways to cooperate with God (live by faith, live by the grace of God, and live in hope). In Chapter Three we see that we can seek Him alone, for when we have Him, we have all we need. Ruth prepared to meet Boaz, she submitted to him, she listened to him, she received gifts from him and waited for Boaz to work. In Chapter Four we see that we do not have to fear the future because God still writes the last chapter.
There are so many gems that come from the Book of Ruth. God cares for us even if we are bitter. He used a new believer and her faith to transform defeat into victory. God is a redeemer and He wants to deepen our relationship with Him. You can be overwhelmed by the evil in this world and become pessimistic and cynical, but this may keep you from finding a field where God wants you to work and faithfully serve Him. Seek first His kingdom and be loyal to Him. Put yourself at the feet of Jesus.
Thank you so much for praying for me. I appreciate it so much. I have had some negative side affects from stopping the taking one of my prescriptions (gabapentene). Yesdayday I started taking a new medication and am hoping that this new medication will be an improvement and bring me back to normal. Please pray for this.
God is so loving and kind. I am resting in Him and trusting Him for all things.
Under His wings,
Jane
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteThank you once again for sharing this experience, and the way that God's word has helped and supported you.
I hope this new medication will help ease the side effects you are experiencing.
You are always in my prayers - love, Linda
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteIt's been a few months since I have looked at your updates--I'm a little behind!!! Your flowers look gorgeous---I'm sure you're enjoying having spring just around the corner.
Will be praying for your medication situation.
I saw you "from afar" across the sanctuary....weren't the teachings wonderful today at church? We are so blessed!
Hope to see you soon and give you a hug!!! (Will you be at the Ladies retreat later this month?)
Love,
Lynne