Sunday, June 5, 2011

Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him."


I took this picture of Krista when I visited them in May. I'm looking forward to seeing Sam, Jennifer, Cianan and Cuinn when they stop by my place on June 16th. I'm sure the boys have grown a lot.

Dear Family and Friends,

Thank you so much for your prayers. My bone marrow biopsy last Wednesday went well. We probably won't have the results until sometime this coming week. My first two days back at work (half-time) also went very well. It was wonderful to see many of my friends at work. I'm trying to catch up on all the events that took place over the past 11 months. It means reading many meeting minutes and asking many questions. After the work day, I was not overly tired but getting up at 5:00 am is a bit of a change. Since we are on four 10-hour days, I work 5-hour days, Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am to noon.

My sister Mary Lou from Oregon is coming down for a five-day visit. I pick her up in Sacramento on Monday night. I will be at work in the mornings but will be with her in the afternoon and evenings. On Tuesday, she will go with me to my appointment at UCSF.

Physical Updates:

1) My strength and endurance is improving.

2) I do not have any physical, ongoing pain.

3) My hair is still very short but it is growing.

4) The neuropathy in my feet is still there but I am coping with it.

5) The vision in my left eye is still the same (very small) but my right eye is operating fine.


Please pray that God will:

a) Be glorified in all aspects of my life.

b) Direct me in how to serve Him each day.

c) Go before me to my UCSF appointment on June 7th.

d) Allow the bone marrow biopsy to show a positive result.

e) Give me a greater love for those who are lost.

f) Teach me how to be quiet before Him, enjoying His presence.

I appreciate your prayers more than I can say. God has responded and is acting to help me glorify His wonderful name. I am so glad that we have the Bible, the Word of the Living God, to show us His love and His purposes.

Living in the shaddow of His wings,

Jane

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane!
    This is my third try at responding to your post. I think Google is not recognizing who I am....so I will just post anonymously!

    I'm so happy you are back at work 1/2 time! This is so awesome and Praise the Lord for all He has done in your life. I"m sure your co-workers are thrilled to have you back!!!

    Am eager to hear how your app. went on June 7. How lovely your sister has come for a visit!!!

    I thought about you on Thursday nite as we gathered for Mo-Band at Graceda. Thought of you sitting on your porch listening to the music. :)

    Now that the weather has FINALLY improved I would think you get to go for nice walks around your neighborhood. And now that your strength is improving...these walks might be getting longer?

    Saw Corine last night at church and was able to update her on your progress. She was thrilled to hear all your good news!!! We are praying for you.

    Blessings,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete