Cindy came by to visit and I had her take this picture for my blog. God gives us friends and I have come to value my friendships like never before (one of the many things God has taught me through my multiple myeloma). Praise the Lord for the family we were each born into and the many friends who bless our lives. He provides everything we need.
Dear Friends and Family,
It's so great how God uses everything that happens to us for His purposes. He may not always reveal His reasons immediately but He does reveal His character. We get to know Him better. He doesn't make mistakes, He is always good and we cannot be separated from His love. Even if your need is great, Christ's grace for you is greater still. Keep your heart and faith focused on Him. He has you in His hands and He is all you need.
Recently a friend sent me this quote from Lilias Trotter: "Trained faith is a triumphant gladness in having nothing but God Himself. It is rejoicing in every fresh emergency that is going to prove Him true." Do you rejoice in every fresh emergency? Do you know that the emergency you face will result in God being proved true? He is so wonderful and so loving.
Thank you for praying for my return to work. My UCSF oncologist gave his permission for me to go back half-time on June 1, 2011. I am so excited. Yes, excited. My work place is full of wonderful friends and I am really looking forward to being with them again and getting back to work.
Physical Updates:
1) I have a bone marrow biopsy scheduled for June 1st here in Modesto to see what improvements have occurred due to my stem cell transplant. I also have a UCSF appointment on June 7th.
2) I still have the neuropathy in my feet.
3) There has been no definitive change in the vision in my left eye.
4) My energy is improving.
Please pray that the Lord will:
a) Glorify His name through my life
b) Continue to reveal His character through my multiple myeloma
c) Remove the neuropathy in my feet
d) Restore the optic nerve in my left eye
e) Help me overcome my vanity about my short hair
Thank you so very much for your prayers. God will answer. One thing for sure, I am not taking multiple myeloma to heaven with me.
I am upheld by His righteous right hand,
Jane
Hello, dear Jane!
ReplyDeleteI have been so busy the last couple weeks that I hadn't checked your blog--a trip to a class reunion in South Dakota (Dave's) and my piano recital with my students. But I love the picture of you with your grand piano. Grand pianos are so wonderful--wish I could hear you play! This reminds me of being in your home in September '09. What a blessing that was, along with camping with the bears!!! :)
And....so happy about your returning to work. Pray that you will be strengthened each day now and then.
Blessings!
Your cousin,
Marilyn
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeletePraying that your bone biopsy will show wonderful improvement and that those stem cells are reproducing healthy cells! So excited to see how God has blessed you and that you are soon able to return to work--hurrah!!!! So many things to praise God for!!
Praying for your upcoming appointment on June 7.
Blessings,
Lynne
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteI can't tell you how happy I am to hear you are doing so well, and feeling ready to return to work.
The quote from Lilias Trotter about "Trained faith" is so appropriate for what you have experience this past year. Your desire and decision to rely on the Lord, and have faith in His plan for you has certainly proven Him true.
You have been a wonderful example to me.
I love the photo of you on your porch - wish I could be there to sit and chat with you.
Love you - Linda