Monday, June 27, 2011

Hosea 13:4 where the Lord says, "I drew them with gentle cords, with bands of love."


I am so grateful to God that He has allowed me to go back to work. This picture was taken by a workmate last week. The doctor has given me the OK to be full time starting July 1, so full time it is! Praise the Lord's wonderful name for His many blessings.





Dear Family and Friends,

Starting in July, I am only going to post to this blogspot at the end of each month. Things have pretty well settled down and there is not that much to post each week.

Working half time in June has gone well and I will be full time starting in July. I will continue to have blood tests done once a month. The doctors will be monitoring these tests, checking for a resurgence of the myeloma. I don't go back to UCSF until September.

Medically speaking, there is currently no cure for multiple myeloma but the stem cell transplant that I have received has been known to extend the lives of many. God alone knows the number of my days and I want to spend the rest of them growing closer to Him and being obedient to what He has for me.

So for now my myeloma treatment is over except for some prescription pills to prevent shingles, gabapetine for the neuropathy and several vitamin supplements. Praise God for how He has used research, doctors, nurses and hospitals to extend my life. I am also so grateful for the support and encouragement so many of you have sent my way during this past year. Of course, I would appreciate your continued prayer for the things listed below.

Physical Update:

1) There is still very little vision in my left eye.

2) I continue to deal with the neuropathy in my feet.

3) My energy level is good.

4) My hair continues to grow in curly and quite gray (am I that old, or rather, mature?)

Please pray that God will:

a) Be glorified in my life

b) Continue to create in me the image of His Son

c) Show me areas where He would encourage my obedience to His Word

d) Flow His love to others through me

e) Give me a joyful heart

f) Help me know how precious I am to Him (even though so undeserving)


With a heart overflowing with gratitude to God,

Jane

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Jane, How I praise the Lord, reading your blog. He has worked in wonderful ways bringing you so far in this cancer saga. We do pray everyday for you and for your light to continue to shine for Him. I'm praying as others see your strength and joy that they will be drawn to the Lord. He is amazing!! We both love you mucho. love, M Lou and Butch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane,
    I will be looking forward to your monthly posts. Praise to our Lord that you have come this far.
    I'm praying that your work days will go smoothly and that your light will shine brightly as it has in this blog over the past months. I have been blessed.
    Hugs and much love,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jane,
    It was wonderful to see you a few weeks ago and to give you a long awaited HUG!!! I'm so thankful to the Lord for all He has done to bring you to this point. If I'm remembering correctly--it was around the 4th of July last year that you had your surgery in San Francisco?

    So glad you are back to work full time! How wonderful for you!!

    I hope you are doing OK with the heat....I know we are both "summer gals" but consecutive days of 100 plus are not fun. Stay cool!

    A few more weeks of Mo-Band....I think of you when we gather in the park...you have the best seat in the world...on your lovely front porch!

    Blessings, and HUGS!
    Love,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. lmitchell@suddenlink.netJuly 10, 2011 at 2:21 PM

    Dear Jane,
    It is so great that you are off restrictions and back to work full time!
    You look just wonderful! And I know your boss and co-workers are happy to have you back.

    Being able to go to church, getting and giving hugs, and being an active part of the church family is so important. I'm also glad it's summer so you can stroll through the Saturday Market (when it is under 100 degrees) for fresh fruit and veggies. It's got to be so liberating to be able to run to the store, or library when you feel like it, or eat out if you don't feel like cooking. These sound like such simple pleasures, but I know you are praising God for each one. We are praying for the things on your list. We love you, and are praising God.
    Ed and Linda

    ReplyDelete