It's wonderful to sit at the piano and worship the Lord. He is so worthy of all our praise. What a high honor that He has chosen us to share not only in His love but also in His glorious purposes. And He gives us His Holy Spirit to fill and empower us, and promises to be with us always. Praise the Lord!
Dear Family and Friends,
I am so grateful for the way the Lord is strengthening me. I have more energy and am looking forward to going back to work, Lord willing. I'm still restricted in that I cannot (a) be in crowds, (b) have people over who are sick, or (c) eat at restaurants. However, my ankle is healing from the sprain and the cut on my ankle is healing nicely.
Last week I had a beautiful visit with Zac and Krista at their new condo in Cambria. The Lord helped me drive over and back with no problem. Thursday morning we traveled up the coast to see a beach occupied by many elephant seals. I thought of putting a picture of the elephant seals on my blogspot but they were molting and didn't look their best. Zac took time off work while I was there so we had some good quality time together. Krista is a wonderful daughter-in-law and great cook. The three of us had some great meals together.
Medical Update:
1) The neuropathy in my feet, caused by the chemo, is still with me. Neuropathy makes my feet feel numb and makes hopscotch problematic. However, some cancer patients have the neuropathy for a year or two and then it goes away. Hopefully, I'll be one of these.
2) I have two upcoming appointments. On June 1st I will have a bone marrow biopsy here in Modesto and on June 7th I have an regular appointment at UCSF.
3) My hair is growing out - but slowly. Why is it that men can get away with a buzz cut but women cannot? Without my wig, I look like G.I. Jane but in a few months, that should improve.
Please pray that God will:
a) Continue to teach me all the lessons I need to learn through my multiple myeloma.
b) Glorify His name through my life.
c) Cause my neoropathy to diminish and go away completely.
d) Bring healing to my left eye.
Thank you for your prayers. God hears and will answer. It is so amazing to think of all the prayers that are being lifted to God for me. Thank you, thank you.
Covered by His wings,
Jane
How fun to see you peeking through your piano. Butch and I praise the Lord singing every morning. He is our great fortress and Mighty God. How our prayer group here is praising Him for all the healing He has worked in you. The gals were so EXCITED to hear about your plans to return to work half time. Amazing!! Praying for all your needs and joys. love, M Lou
ReplyDeleteDear Jane,
ReplyDeleteWow--love the photo of you with your piano!!!! Just gorgeous! I'm so praising the Lord for all the healing that is now happening in your body! It's just a joy to see how far you have progressed since your diagnosis last July. God is so awesome!!!!
I'm so pleased you were able to go to Cambria...that's def. one of my favorite places! There is a wonderful tearoom there called "The Tea Cozy"....I hope it's still in business!!!! Cambria is so lovely with the mix of forest and sea....so gorgeous!
How wonderful for you to get away...and do something fun like visiting family! What a blessing for you, Zac and Krista!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!
Hope to see you soon!!!!
Love,
Lynne
Jane, I'm so delighted to hear that you are improving day by day! God blesses each of us so much each and every day.
ReplyDeleteIts good to hear that your ankle is healing too! Don't worry about the hopscotch right now...The doctors don't usually recommend that folks with ankle sprains play hopscotch......by the time the sprain heals completely, I'm praying that you'll be 'up to' a game on the sidewalk!! I live close by...I'd LOVE to come play with you. Sending you prayers and love and hugs.........................