Sunday, May 15, 2011

II Corinthians 3:5 "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God."


This picture of Jennifer, Sam, Cianan and Cuinn was taken last Thanksgiving when they were at my house. Now that I'm off of house arrest, I look forward to seeing them again soon.


Dear Family and Friends,

I'm so thankful that God is at work in my life and through my trials, to create in me the desire and the power to do His will. He is the one source who can meet my deepest needs. He is a wonderful Counselor and so powerful. The same power that raised Jesus from the dead is at work in me and every believer. He is so patient and loving. Plus, He is preparing a place for me in heaven. Wow, incredible.

God is helping me to have more energy. I am hoping to go back to work 20-hours a week in June, provided my UCSF oncologist gives his OK. Depending how that goes, I hope to be back working full-time in July.

Last Friday, I had blood work and a doctor's appointment here in Modesto. My red blood count, hemoglobin and hematocrit were all up but platelet count was slightly down. The doctor was pleased by my progress. My next doctor's appointment at UCSF is on June 7th.

Physical Update:

1) My sprained ankle is healing nicely. I am out walking again, although not yet as far as before. The cut on the side of my ankle is still not quite healed.

2) My apetite is good and I am eating healthy.

3) My hair is continuing to grow out and is just past the fuzzy peach stage.

4) There does not appear to be any change in the vision of my left eye. I'm very grateful that I still have the vision in my right eye and can read and function with it.

5) My feet are still bothered by neuropathy. Neuropathy makes your feet numb and when walking, you must be careful where you are placing those feet.

Please pray that God will:

a) Be glorified during this trial but when it is no longer needed, that He will remove it from me.

b) Continue to draw me to Himself, showing me more from His Word.

c) Heal the cut on my ankle.

d) Arrange for me to visit my grandchildren.

e) Heal my feet from the neuropathy.

Things begin to happen when God's people pray. As the Lord directs you, please include me in your prayers. He is a wonderful God and worthy of all our praise.

Held in His mighty right hand,

Jane

4 comments:

  1. Serafina and I are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying!!!
    We love you in TX Jane!!!
    I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmitchell@suddenlink.netMay 21, 2011 at 2:39 PM

    My dear Jane,

    It is so good to hear you are feeling well enough to return to work in June. I just reolized that June is only a little more than a week away! I will be praying that your numbers will be where they need to be on your next appointment, and for a safe trip to the DR on the 7th.

    I will be praying for everything on your list, in the mean time - mind the cracks!

    We love you, Linda and Ed

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying you can visit those cute munchkin grandkids very soon. I'm thanking God for your continued healing and strengthening. He is your joy and great hope. I know it was super to be with Zac and Krista on the coast. Family is a wonderful idea of the Lord's. I love you too. Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete