This is my daughter-in-law Krista. The picture was taken last year when Krista was very involved in my care. Thank You, Lord, for providing such wonderful care givers as Zac and Krista (above and beyond the call of duty, more like a labor of love).
Dear Family and Friends,
I was reading "31 Days of Praise" by Ruth Myers when this prayer really struck home:
"Lord, I praise You for Your sovereignty over the broad events of my life and over the details. With You, nothing is accidental, nothing is incidental, and no experience is wasted. You hold in Your own power my breath of life and all my destiny. And every trial that You allow to happen is a platform on which You reveal Yourself, showing Your love and power, both to me and to others looking on. Thank You that I can move into the future nondefensively, with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead, for You hold the future and You will always be with me, even to my old age and through all eternity."
This prayer is based on Scripture. Can you pray this prayer in your present circumstances? I love it that God is teaching me the truth of His Word and helping me to depend on it above all else (Romans 3:4 "Let God be true but every man a liar.")
My left ankle is healing quickly. The cut inside my ankle is still healing but that is probably because my platlets are low.
My UCSF oncologist has given his OK for me to drive to Zac and Krista's for a visit. They recently moved to a new community on the coast and I haven't seen their new place yet. I hope to visit Sam and Jennifer as soon as the grandkids get over their colds. Praise the Lord for giving me more freedom to travel.
Physical Updates:
1) I have an appointment with my Modesto oncologist this coming Friday. I will have blood work done and the results sent to UCSF. Also, the doctor will have a look at my ankle.
2) The Lord has strengthen me so that I can do my grocery shopping although I'm not allowed to be in crowds so I shop during off hours.
3) I am gaining more energy for normal things like keeping up with medical paperwork, laundry and cooking.
Please pray that God will:
a) Be glorified through my life
b) Continue to guide me
c) Keep filling me with His Holy Spirit for the power to do His will
d) Give my doctors wisdom beyond their natural abilities
e) Bless all those who are praying for me
Thank you for your love and care for me. I am bouyed by your loving kindness but more than anything, I can hardly believe that God Himself loves me and covers me in His kindness.
Under His wings,
Jane
Dearest Jane,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing that wonderful prayer! Indeed, He is so good to bring us exactly what we need, when we need it.
If your schedule isn't too packed, let me know when you will be in the SLO area. Would love to see you if time permits, and also understand completely if that would be too much for you.
Much love,
Alison
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful prayer! Thank you for sharing this. I am sorry, I missed this post. A lightning strike near our house zapped the modum to the computor so we were without internet connection for a while. Just wanted you to know that you are always in our prayers.
I am so glad to hear you are having more energy now and are able to do your own shopping again. If you are like me, a grocery list is only a starting point. I always have to brouse the produce section before I can decide what appeals.
God is being glorified by your desire to submit to His will, and I am being lifted up by your example.
I love you - Linda