Sunday, April 10, 2011

II Cor. 12:10


"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

It's so great to have an appetite again. Here's an example of my sister's delicious cooking. All my counts are coming up and I'm gaining strength, although I have a ways to go.

Dear Friends and Family,

Isn't it comforting to know that in the middle of our weaknesses, our infirmities, our inadequacies, even our pain and distresses, God understands and in His infinite wisdom, He has allowed these things in our lives so that they can contribute to His high purposes for us.

These hard times urge us to trust in Him fully and not in ourselves. Our adequacy comes from Him. His strength is made perfect in our weakness.

Physical Progress:

1) I am gaining strength. Of course, it helps that I am no longer nauseated and can retain what I eat. Linda is doing her very best to feed me foods that will strengthen my body. Mary Lou was doing that too but my body was rejecting most of it because of nausea. Now things are on the up tick.

2) The neuropathy in my feet and the vision in my left eye are about the same.

3) At my UCSF oncology appointment on Friday, April 8th, they cut my pain medication in half and made the nausea medicine "as needed". I have not needed the nausea medication at all since that appointment.

4) On the 8th, the results of my blood work showed that my counts are improving. I still have a ways to go to reach normal and my immune system is still too weak for me to be out in public, but I am moving in the right direction. Linda and I try to walk each day but I wear a face mask to keep infectious germs away.

Thank you so much for continuing to pray for my needs. Your faithfulness in prayer is greatly appreciated. Hopefully, good progress will continue and I'll be able to get back to work.

Please pray that the Lord will:

a) Keep me in the center of His Will

b) Continue to fill me with His Holy Spirit

c) Bring healing to my body

d) Bless all those who have encouraged me through this trial

e) Keep me close to Him through prayer and the study of His Word

I appreciate you and your loving thoughts toward me. Your prayers are like gold and of great value to me.

In His loving care,

Jane

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Jane,

    You are in my thoughts and prayers all the times.

    You are so blessed to have two of the best sisters.

    Always,
    Arbella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that things are improving! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love,
    Ann Godfrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane;
    Continuing to Pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jane,

    You look so perky ENJOYING your delicious meal prepared by a loving sister. What a blessing to have had this time with Mary Lou and Linda, not in circumstances we would have chosen, but you and they will never forget these precious times together.

    May God give you everything and everyone you need in the days and weeks ahead as you continue to gain strength.

    Hugs,

    Marilyn

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. lmitchell@suddenlink.netApril 17, 2011 at 10:34 AM

    My Dear Jane,

    I am praying for your continued improvement and praising God for the excellent progess you have already made. In Jane McWhorter's book "Let this cup pass" she points out; "We develop our spiritual muscles by helping another shoulder part of his load. Not only do we help our weaker brother, but we will also return to our own tasks with greater strength. One of the most pleasant thoughts is the knowledge that we are needed and can add to the happiness of others."
    I want you to know what a blessing you have been to me the past two weeks. As you enter this next phase of your recovery I know you will think of ways to bless your local friends by letting them help on occasion too.

    Love - Linda

    ReplyDelete