Friday, April 15, 2011

I John 3:1 "Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called the children of God!"


Here I am sitting at my dining room table, opening the mail. Keeping up with all the medical paper work is quite a task, but the Lord is helping me. I must remember whose child I am and that any challenge is not a surprise to Him. He will help me work through it. I am so undeserving of His unfailing love but there is nothing that can separate me from His intensely personal care.

Dear Friends and Family,

Last Saturday, I took my younger sister Linda to the Modesto airport. After having spent two weeks taking care of me, she was heading home to Branson, Missouri. I miss both of my sisters very much. They were so supportive and loving. Also, it's very nice to have someone taking care of you. Now I must address my needs more directly to my heavenly Father and obey Him when I must seek help from my sisters-in-Christ. This is hard for me to do but is one of the things God is teaching me.

Isn't it wonderful that when you ask Jesus to forgive your sins and come into your life that you are His forever. God draws each of us to Himself and accepts us in His beloved Son. As His child, He takes you into His arms and tells you that He loves you. His is the one love that can never lessen or fail. He knows all about you and loves you in spite of all your short comings. You are precious in His sight.

The poem below is adapted from "A Mind at Perfect Peace" by Catesby Pagent:

Near, so very near to You
Nearer I could not be,
For in the Person of Your Son
I'm just as near as He!

Dear, so very dear to You,
I could not dearer be,
The love wherewith You loved Your Son,
Such is Your love for me!

It is so wonderful to belong to Him.

Physical Progress:

1) The Physician's Assistant in San Francisco did not order any blood work for me this past week. My numbers have been going up and I suppose she wanted to give me two weeks to build them up. I will have blood work done here in Modesto on Thursday and will have a chance to talk to my Modesto oncologist about the results.

2) It has been two weeks since I have had any nausea. My appetite is not great but I am eating a balanced diet. It was wonderful to have my sisters cooking for me and Linda has stocked my freezer with a month's worth of meals. She also bought groceries for me since I am still under house arrest. Hopefully, my Modesto oncologist will take me off house arrest but it depends on the results of my blood work and the level of my immune system.

3) My left eye is about the same and my feet are still bothered by neuropathy.

4) I sleep very well and am grateful for that.

Please pray that God will:

a) Be glorified in every challenge that comes my way through this trial

b) Strengthen my trust in Him to meet my every need

c) Heal me of my multiple myeloma

d) Continue to bring the results of my blood work to normal levels

e) Bring my immune system up so that I will no longer be under house arrest


Thank you for your prayers. It is very moving for me to think about you praying for me. I am very grateful.

Resting in His wonderful care,

Jane

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jane,
    As Easter approaches, I think of you even more often if that's possible. May the Lord continue to hold you in His arms and walk with you through all the ups and downs of myeloma. Much love and many blessings to you.............. I hope your house arrest is soon over .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jane:
    I was so blessed to read that your numbers are improving and your nausea is gone. Now I will pray that you - including your immune system - will be strengthened with all might in the inner woman, that you would be rooted and grounded in His love, and blessed in the fullness of His presence.

    Grace and Peace,

    Alison

    ReplyDelete