"The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
Dear Family and Friends,
What a wonderful day yesterday! Jesus is risen indeed. It's great that Calvary Chapel airs it's services and I can watch them on my computer. For those of us under any type of "house arrest", it is a real blessing.
Recently a friend of mine reminded me of this quote from Bill MacDonald:
"Our lives are not controlled by impersonal forces, but by our wonderful, personal Lord, who is too loving to be unkind and too wise to err."
I have experienced His love and wisdom for years and can testify to the truth of this quote. Are you undergoing trying times? God can teach us important things and demonstrate His love and wisdom through difficulties, if we are open to His work.
Physical Update:
1) I am gaining strength and able to do more things on my own.
2) After I saw my Modesto oncologist last Thursday, I stopped taking any pain medications and have not experienced any pain. Also, I quit taking my sleeping tablet and am able to sleep without it. Aside from vitamins, I am down to three medications: an antiviral, an antibaterial and something for my neuropathy.
3) I am still under "house arrest". I have an appointment with my San Francisco oncologist next Friday. Perhaps he will say that my house arrest is over. It all depends on the blood work and my immunity system numbers. I miss being with my friends and would like to be able to shop for my own groceries (many thanks to those who have helped me with this in the past).
Please pray that God will:
a) Be glorified through my life
b) Bless those who are praying for me
c) Heal my body from multiple myeloma
d) Restore the vision to my left eye
e) Heal the neuropathy in my feet
f) Continue to use me for His purposes
Thank you for your concern and your prayers. I appreciate both so much. What would we do without prayer? So personal, so costly, and so valuable.
In His kind and loving care,
Jane
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you that things are going well!!! Other than the "house arrest"--it sounds like things are falling into place. I'm soooooooooo praising Jesus!!!!! I'm so looking forward one of these days to see you at church!!!!
Love,
Lynne