Sunday, November 28, 2010

Jer. 32:17 "Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You."


This is Zac and Krista's engagement picture (taken in late 2007). God brought them together and blessed both the Chawinga and the Collie families.

Dear Family and Friends,

Praise the Lord for a Thanksgiving with both of my sons and their families. It was really sweet to see the grandkids. Jennifer and Krista did all the cooking and everything was delicious. Sam put up a railing down my stairway to the back yard. This makes it much safer and I am very grateful for it.

Hannah Fraioli comes once a week to clean my house. When she came on Saturday, she helped me bring my pre-lit Christmas tree up from the basement, along with all my Christmas decorations. I will be decorating the tree a little bit each day. Hannah says she is going to come back and help me put up lights on my front porch. I love lights outside for Christmas for the Light of the World, our Lord Jesus.

Thanks for praying about the DMV and my driver's license. I heard from them this week and have an appointment for a driving test on January 6, 2011. Please continue to pray over this. Not being able to drive is very difficult.

Tomorrow is a RED LETTER day - the last chemo treatment of six rounds (four treatments per round). I am really looking forward to reaching this milestone. It will be interesting to see how many of the chemo side effects will subside when I'm off the chemo.

Medical Updates:

1) The doctor is still changing the coumadin dosage to try and protect me from blood clots. My right ankle is still swollen.
2) I am sleeping well with the help of a sleeping tablet.
3) I am having some swelling of my eye lids and a few styes. I'm going to see the ophthalmologist this week.
4) My legs are still not too strong and there is a limit to my physical endurance.

Please pray that God will:

a) Help me to memorize Scripture
b) Fill me with His Holy Spirit so that the love of Christ will flow through me
c) Heal my eyes
d) Open my eyes to grow in knowing Him
e) Help me pass the tests that will qualify me for the Stem Cell Transplant
f) Enable me to pass my driving test
g) Bring glory to His name through my life

Thank you for your prayers and your help with transportation. God's love for us is very incredible. I am so blessed by all His wonderful gifts and your prayers are some of those gifts.

God has good purposes in allowing myeloma in my life. He is powerful and full of love. He is working to change me through myeloma and my reactions to it shine a light on ways I need to grow spiritually. I want to trust God more and be filled with His peace.

Remember, there is nothing too hard for Him,

Jane

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Jane,
    Tonight I finished reading Elizabeth Elliot's book "On Asking God Why". She and her second husband were facing a diagnosis of his cancer. "The medical verdict was grim, but we prayed for healing. We did not know positively what the outcome would be, but we knew our Father. We had to keep turning our eyes from the frightening things to Him, knowing Him to be utterly faithful.
    Faith is not merely "feeling good about God" but a conscious choice, even in the utter absence of feelings or external encouragements, to obey His Word when He says, "Trust me." This choice has nothing to do with mood but is a deliberate act of laying hold of the character of God whom circumstances never change."

    Jane, we are trusting Him with all your needs. He loves us. We know "It is by this that we know what love is:that Christ laid down his life for us" John 3:16 We have His peace.

    Thank you, Lord, for all those who are helping my sister, Jane in these days. Thank you for what you are working in her life through this trial. You are awesome. love, M Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jane,
    Thank you for your updates and photos. Am praying for you. YAY on the last chemo treatment--WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):) Will be praying side effects subside.

    Are the leaves still beautiful in your neighborhood?? A few more times I was out running around and chastised myself for not having a camera. When you get your lights up, would love to come by and take a photo of you on your front porch.

    Please call me if you need transportation (or anything else). I'm here.

    Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your kids and grankids....what a blessing you were all able to be together. :):)

    Love,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmitchell@suddenlink.netNovember 30, 2010 at 10:59 AM

    I am so glad you were able to have your whole family with you at Thanksgiving. I have been praying that they would all avoid getting sick so they could do this. It's wonderful that Sam was able to install a railing on your back steps!

    We were blessed to have Katie, Moe, Ricky and Lula here for 6 days. Unfortunately Jen's girls were taking turns with the stomach bug so they were unable to come for any of that time (maybe next year).

    How wonderful to see the end of round 6 of the chemo! We are praying for relief from the side effects of the chemo, for healing for your eyes, for the successful passing of all of your tests (both medical and vehicular), and continued clarity and peace as you focus on God's word.

    Love you, Linda and Ed

    ReplyDelete