"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed."
(Here I am, receiving chemo infusion at the doctor's office. Praise the Lord for research and medical personnel who show His loving care.)
Dear Family and Friends,
When I look at the above Scripture from Isaiah, it makes me reach up to God, yearning towards Him. Wave upon wave of peace flows over me. His cleansing, His shed blood comforts me and heals me. This Word of God bathes me in peace, overflowing peace.
Thank you so much for your prayers. I am amazed when I find out that whole prayer groups are lifting my situation to the Father, so that His name will be glorified in every way. I also appreciate all those who have provided transportation to doctor's appointments, grocery shopping and other errands. Thank you for your encouragement and love for me.
I'm in the middle of Round 6 and doing pretty well. The emotional roller-coaster has calmed down, the ankle is still swollen and I still have some neuropathy in my feet in the evening. My last two chemo treatments in this phase will be on Monday, November 22nd, and Monday, November 29th. At the end of Round 6, we will see if I am a viable candidate for a Stem Cell Transfusion. I have to pass a series of tests on these dates:
November 29, Monday Blood tests in Modesto
November 30, Tuesday Appointment with Dr. Wolf and an MRI at UCSF
December 6, Monday Appointment with Dr. Sneed, Radiologist, UCSF
December 7, Tuesday Pulmonary test and Echocardiogram in Modesto
December 8, Wednesday Bone Marrow test in Modesto
December 9, Thursday PET Scan in Modesto
I would love it if you would lift these tests up to the Lord on these days.
Medical Updates:
1) Praise the Lord to be coming to the end of this course of chemo.
2) Wonderful to have a good night's sleep and no nausea.
3) My right ankle is still swollen but does not hurt.
4) With a contact in my right eye, I have good long distance vision but then have to use my readers on top of the contact in order to read. I have some little cysts forming on my eye lids, but they come and go.
5) Praise the Lord for helping me with my emotions and giving me His peace.
Please pray that God will:
a) Glorify His name in my life
b) Guide and direct whether I should do the Stem Cell Transplant
c) Help me to trust Him fully and rest in His love
d) Remind me that this world is not my home
e) Give me great boldness in speaking of Christ
This morning, Pastor Damian spoke on the momentous events just prior to Christ's crucifixion (I view the service on the Calvary Chapel web site at ccmodesto.com). He referenced Isaiah 50:6 where Christ's testimony is, "I gave My back to those who struck Me, and My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard; I did not hide my face from shame and spitting." Can you imagine that He did not flinch or try to escape the hatred poured on Him? What courage, what strength and what restraint, but through it all, He did not hide. He willingly gave up His life to pay the penalty for our sins. What a Savior!
May you draw near to Him as He draws near to you,
Jane
praying for your blood tests today! For wisdom from Him, on what to do, wisdom for your Dr.s, and healing for you sweet sister! Love and Hugs!!!
ReplyDeleteIm sure you loved having your great family with you on Thanksgiving. Praise the Lord for all who shopped, chopped and cooked for your meal together. When I called Krista spoke with me, while watching the kiddos/ everyone else was involved in meal prep. You are probably exhausted but I know this was a special time. God had a super idea - making families. Praying for all your requests. M Lou
ReplyDelete