Saturday, November 6, 2010

I John 2:10 "He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him."


Cianan wasn't that fond of Cuinn when he first arrived on the scene, but now he loves to "kiss the baby". We receive the loving "kisses" from our heavenly Father through His many blessings that constantly come our way.




Dear Family and Friends,

This past week has been one of ups and downs. Sometimes I feel that the chemo drugs take hold of my emotions and just shake me. Fortunately, Jesus remains the same: unshakable. I must share with you Ruth Myers' prayer in "31 Days of Praise": 'I praise You for Your sovereignty over the broad events of my life and over the details. With You, nothing is accidental, nothing is incidental, and no experience is wasted. You hold in Your own power my breath of life and all my destiny. And every trial that You allow to happen is a platform on which You reveal Yourself, showing Your love and power, both to me and to others looking on. Thank You that I can move into the future non defensively with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead for You hold the future and You will always be with me, even to my old age....and through all eternity'.

God can use your circumstance to conform you into the image of the Lord Jesus through the power of His Holy Spirit. In my case, I would not have chosen to have multiple myeloma, but God has allowed it in my life to make me more like His Son and to glorify His name. In order to be like Jesus, I will trust God and live by His Word when I find myself in a place where I am vulnerable to hurt. That's what Jesus did when He came to earth from all the splendor of heaven, born into a poor family. The only Son of God was persecuted, spat upon, beaten, crowned with thorns, mocked and crucified. He made Himself vulnerable to hurt in order to express the love of the Father for you and I, to give us the forgiveness for our sins through His death and resurrection. What a wonderful God!

Medical Update:

1) I have completed chemo Round 5 and have a week off before starting chemo Round 6 on November 15th. At the end of Round 6 (around the first week in December), I will be tested here in Modesto to see if I am still a viable candidate for Stem Cell Transplant at UCSF.
2) My blood thinner is still being adjusted to the right level. My ankle is still a little swollen.
3) My eyes are about the same. I have eye doctor appointments on Monday, November 8th.
4) I have been feeling tired this past week. As the chemo round progresses, my platelets go down and my energy level goes with them.

Pray that the Lord will:

a) Remove the multiple myeloma from my body.
b) Guide the doctors in their recommendation for my treatment.
c) Bring healing to both of my eyes and give the eye doctors wisdom.
d) Bless all the medical personnel that minister to me.
e) Draw near to all those who are seeing to my transportation needs.
f) Give me wisdom concerning my diet.
g) Enable me to continue to trust Him in all things.
h) Glorify His name in every part of my life.

Thank you so much for your prayers. God hears. Jesus intercedes. God is so creative and responsive to our needs. He has taken my hand and walked me through some difficult days, always turning them into opportunities to worship Him.

I am content to be His,

Jane

5 comments:

  1. Dear Jane,
    Praying for your eye appointment tomorrow! Also praying for strength to go through the chemo, and wisdom for the doctors as they consider the stem cell treatment.

    I absolutely must get this book "31 Days of Praise". Your quoting of the book just causes me to want to read it right now!!! Your posts are always so encouraging and bless me so much!

    Miss you!
    Love,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Lord wrap you around with His love dear friend! Your Blog is so encouraging but... also know it takes courage to write such words of strength when your emotions are up and down. We continue to trust with you for healing..
    Love you, David and Jeanxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so good!
    We love you and are so glad we can read this and know what to pray and praise!!! HUGS!
    PS
    so glad to have Butch and Marylou here :O)
    Summur

    ReplyDelete
  4. God has control over our lives. Let us continue trusting in Him. Your faith has been incredible. It is such an honor to read your blogs. You have been such an encouragement to me.
    God will see you through.
    Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lmitchell@suddenlink.netNovember 13, 2010 at 6:39 AM

    Dear Jane,

    Cianan's loving kisses on Cuinn just makes my heart melt. It is such a sweet reminder of God's greatest command.

    You are constantly in my prayers. I am so encouraged by your commitment to honor God during this process, and humbled by your prayers for others. Thank you for sharing all that you are learning from your reading, the wisdom God is giving you, and for your prayer requests.

    I love you - Linda

    ReplyDelete