"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things that are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."
Dear Family and Friends,
Thank you so very much for your prayers. Since I am in Round 5 of chemo, it is becoming more and more challenging to keep my eyes off of me and on the Lord Jesus. It is a discipline to stay in the Word, study it, memorize it and apply it. Praying for the needs of others and thanking God for His many blessings are also of great benefit to me. Fortunately, I can rely on God to help me learn the benefits of these disciplines. Without these blessings, my focus becomes "self" which is not a good thing.
God did a wonderful thing for me last week. I needed to have my medical records faxed from Doctors A and B to Doctor C. I only had from 3:00 pm on Monday to noon the next day to get this done. If I couldn't get this done, the appointment with Doctor C would be cancelled and that would affect my rounds of chemo. To me, getting these records faxed on time was impossible. So I went to my room and knelt down by my reading chair. I told the Lord that this task was impossible for me and I placed it in His hands. If He wanted it done, He would have to do it. I called my across-the-street neighbor, Denise, and she took me to Doctor A's office to leave my request. I saw Doctor A's Office Manager and she could not have been nicer. She called Doctor C's office to tell them she was faxing my records immediately and she also faxed my request to Doctor B's office. I was amazed, to say the least. There is nothing too hard for God. All of the medical records requested were at Doctor C's office before my noon appointment. Incredible. I wonder how many times God has waited on me to totally surrender a situation to Him instead of trying to operate in my own strength.
I echo this prayer from Ruth Myers "31 Days of Praise" - "Father, I'm so delighted that You are both loving and sovereign, and that You cause all things to work together for good to those who love You, to those who are called according to Your purpose. Thank You that each difficulty is an opportunity to see You work, that in Your time You will bring me out to a place of abundance. I rejoice that You plan to enrich and beautify me through each problem, each conflict, each struggle, that through them You expose my weaknesses and needs, my hidden sins, my self-centeredness (and especially my self-reliance and pride). Thank You that You use trials to humble me and perfect my faith and produce in me the quality of endurance, that they prepare the soil of my heart for the fresh new growth in godliness that You and I both long to see in me and that my momentary troubles are producing in me an eternal glory that far outweighs them all, as I keep my eyes focused on You. I'm grateful that You look beyond my superficial desire for a trouble-free life; instead, You fulfill my deep-down desire to glorify You, enjoy Your warm fellowship, and become more like Your Son."
Medical Update:
1) My UCSF doctors are recommending completing Round 6 of chemo and then starting the Stem Cell Transplant process.
2) I am feeling more tired and emotional during Round 5 than I was during earlier rounds.
3) My ankle is improving (more blood thinners and support hose).
4) My left eye is about the same (some vision) but my right eye is changing (reading is still OK but mid and long distance vision is not as good as it once was). I'm seeing both my optometrist and ophthalmologist on November 8th.
Please pray that God will:
a) Be glorified through each and every trial in my life.
b) Help me keep my eyes on Him and off myself.
c) Remind me to cast all my cares on Him.
d) Heal my body according to His plan for me (He knows the number of my days).
e) Bless those who are helping me.
f) Help my family cope with my multiple myeloma.
g) Receive my praise for His care for me, His protection, His provision and His open access at any time of the day or night (thank you, Jonathan, for reminding us of these valuable gifts).
Thank you for the best gifts you can give me: prayers. Also, for all the time you have donated to transport me all over town for appointments, grocery shopping and errands, I sincerely thank you. Your giving is an expression of the love of the Father for me.
So glad to be His child,
Jane
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeletePraying that your day is blessed, that you see His hand of love today.
Love,Rachel
dearest Jane,
ReplyDeleteWow! God really did answer getting those records forwarded to your new Doctor!! Nothing is too hard for Him. As always, I am blessed to read your blog. Today I saw Gretchen and her hubby and 3mo old son. She will be praying for you. We are trusting the Lord to keep your eyes on Him. He loves you even more than we do. xox Mary Lou
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteI loved to see the photo of you on your beautiful porch. You are looking great!
Ed and I have been walking every day on the trail by Table Rock Lake. It is such a peaceful place and I feel refreshed from just having been there. Today we were looking at the fall colors and discussing how a person's attitude makes such a difference in the joy each day brings. Do I see the fall colors and gasp in shear delight at the incredible display? Or do I look at all those fall leaves and think of the work it would be to rake them all up? So much of the quality of our lives depends on how we choose to see our circumstances.
I can see you are being blessed because of your choice to see this as an opportunity to grow closer to God. I just want you to know that God is not only blessing you for trusting in Him. He is also blessing us through your example.
You are constantly in our prayers - love you - Linda and Ed.