Cindy Fulton took this picture at UCSF last Friday while we were waiting to see Dr. Wolf, my oncologist in San Francisco. The book I'm reading in this picture is "They Found the Secret" by V. Raymond Edman. It tells the stories of twenty lives that were empowered by the indwelling life of Christ.
One of these lives was that of Andrew Murray who, when faced with a deep trial, learned the following lessons. "(1) God brought me into this straight place and I will rest in that fact. (2) God will keep me here in His love and give me grace to behave as His child. (3) God will make this trial a blessing, teaching me the lessons He intends me to learn and working in me the grace He means to bestow. (4) God can bring me out again, how and when He knows." This insight into Andrew's trial is very encouraging to me.
Medical Updates:
1) I saw Dr. Wolf, Oncologist at UCSF, on Friday to see how the chemo was affecting the myeloma but one of the critical blood work results will not be available until next Wednesday. However, he is recommending that I complete chemo rounds 5 and 6 here in Modesto and then after round 6, UCSF would take the stem cells from my blood, clean the stem cells by freezing them and transplanting them back into my system.
2) My right ankle is still swollen and the doctor recommended support hose (those words just added 10 years to my age).
3) My left eye is about the same. I am going to see about getting some contact lenses for my right eye so I can get my driver's license normalized. Watch out.
4) The week ahead is my break between round 4 and round 5 of chemo. Hopefully, I'll have more energy this week.
Sam, Jennifer and my two grandsons are coming up for a visit (Tuesday through Thursday) so I'm looking forward to seeing them. My immune system is quite low so I'm hoping that they are all well.
Please pray that God will:
a) Guide me to treatment that is His perfect plan
b) Give the doctors wisdom beyond their natural abilities
c) Heal every part of my body that would bring glory to His name
d) Help me learn every lesson that He has set before me
e) Give me wisdom on my diet
f) Bless all those who are helping me
g) Enable my friends and family to cope with this trial
I am so glad that God is in control of my life. God is the same today as He has ever been - well able to work things out for good. I can safely commit my situation to God. I can trust Him with my future - ready to go, ready to stay.
Thank you so much for your prayers.
In His capable arms,
Jane
Love you Jane, thanks for the prayer requests!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat to spend time with you today Jane! Just think--if it wasn't for you--I wouldn't have a new mop!!! LOL!
ReplyDeletePraying for you!!!!
Thanks, Jane, for the warning concerning your driver's license. : )
ReplyDeleteI hope as many things as possible can get back to normal for you as soon as possible, except those things which God wants you to experience that are extraordinary! I continue to pray for you....
God has so much to teach us; I think sometimes he has helpers. Your Grace and Humility remind me how very much I have to learn. Bless you, Jane.
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray for you Jane. The Lord Loves you and so do I!!! Janelle F.
ReplyDeleteMy dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteWe just spent a couple wonderful days with Butch and Mary Lou. What a blessing they are! I'm so glad to have reconnected with my "California Cousins" in the past few years (now California, Oregon, and Missouri cousins! How did that happen? Oh, yes, kids have a PULL!)And I'm so glad I got to spend time with you all last year and be in your home, where I can visualize where you now are.
Our church is putting on a walk-through drama called "Hannah's Hope," the true story of a 17 year old girl who died of cancer, but gave hope to many through her strong testimony. You are giving that same HOPE to many; HOPE that comes through Jesus, our SALVATION.
"FOR IN THIS HOPE WE WERE SAVED. BUT HOPE THAT IS SEEN IS NO HOPE AT ALL. WHO HOPES FOR WHAT HE ALREADY HAS? BUT IF WE HOPE FOR WHAT WE DO NOT YET HAVE, WE WAIT FOR IT PATIENTLY." (ROMANS 8:24,25)
I'm praying specifically for your requests, asking God to guide you in each decision, each day, and each request.
You look so cute in all your pictures. And you have not lost your sense of humor!
Love you, dear cousin!
Marilyn