Friday, September 17, 2010

Gal 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.



Dear Family and Friends,

Above, Mary Lou and Butch took on some serious DIY projects while at my house last week. May the Lord richly bless them for being His hands and feet. They will gather "the fruit that abounds to your account" (Phil. 4:17).

I am very excited about the Calvary Chapel Women's Ministry study of the Book of Philippians. I miss being there in person but am very glad that I can get the teaching on-line and do the study at home. In the overview, I was particularly touched by Paul's encouragement for me to live my life with humility and self-sacrifice, seeking the mind of Christ. Philippians is a very timely reminder for me to live a life of joy in spite of a deep trial (Paul in Roman chains and Jane in multiple myeloma).

Medical Update:

1) I'm in the middle of round three of chemo. Thanks to the many friends who are taking care of transportation.
2) My right foot is still swollen but I think it may be going down slightly.
3) My new sleeping tablets (Lorazapam) seem to be working well with no nightmares.

Praise the Lord for giving me:

1) The ability to take care of my laundry, cooking, and watering the yard.
2) The capabiity to still read.
3) Very few chemo side effects. No nausea.
4) A change of diet (raw and steamed organic fruits and vegetables).
5) Neighbors and friends who have volunteered transportation, time and labor.

Please pray that the Lord will:

a) Magnify His name through my trial
b) Do what radiation and chemo cannot do
c) Give me wisdom to know my physical limitations
d) Open my heart to His Word and help me apply it to my life

God is good and everything He does is good. If we could imagine standing face-to-face with our Savior, knowing that our sins have been forgiven, we will be overwhelmed by His goodness.

Thank you for praying.

With His loving arms around you,

Jane

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Jane,
    It was so good for us to be with you. Your joy and humility in trusting the Lord thru these days is such an encouragement to us. I'm so thankful for those who are helping you. (could one of you servants rub lotion on Jane's feet for me?) Im so glad you are in Philippians- jam packed with gems! 2:13 "It is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure." The Lord is evident in your life dear Jane. Keep your heart on Him. Thank you, Lord, for your love for us. yippee! We are yours. love and hugs, M Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Butch and Mary Lou didn't have such big grins on their faces I would say he looks dangerous. :) So glad they could be with you. And we continue to pray for your "list" as you continue to trust God through this trial. So glad you have few side effects.

    Yes, Philippians is such a great book of JOY! May God fill you with that joy each day.

    Love you, dear Janie!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Jane,

    Please include me on the list of friends who provide you transportation. Call me any time of day or night for whatever you may need. I left you a message on your cell phone’s voice mail.
    I will be glad to rub lotion on your feet. Just let me know when is a good time for me to come over.
    Always,
    Arbella

    ReplyDelete