
This is my son Sam with his two sons, Cuinn and Cianan. Grandchildren are one of God's richest blessings.
Last Friday I finished round three of my chemo treatment. I'm still praising the Lord that the side effects of my chemo are tolerable and help me place my dependence on Him. The first time I went to chemo at Doctor's Hospital, the RN wanted to know how I could have such peace and joy while facing multiple myeloma. What an opportunity to give glory to God for the assurances He gives us in His Word. His constant presence is a reality that even supercedes our physical senses.
Medical Updates:
1) My chemo cough is gone. I changed from Zyrtec to Claritan and now the cough is gone. I had been dealing with that cough all day (every day) for weeks and now it's gone. Praise the Lord.
2) I believe my right clavicle is gaining strength.
3) The fluids in my right foot are slowly reducing.
4) The vision in my left eye is about the same. I have an appointment next week with my optometrist to see if there is anything we can do to make an improvement in my depth perception or my long distance vision.
5) I'm not sure how many total chemo rounds I will get in total. That will depend on my lab resuts, but with multiple myeloma they usually give six to eight rounds.
There is a cancer commercial on TV these days where the patient says, "Cancer can be a lonely place" but I have not found that to be true. First of all I have my family and my friends who are supporting me with prayers, calls, visits, cards, transportation and their love. But more than that, I have the Lord Jesus who has promised never to leave me or forsake me. I have found that He is faithful to His promises. Even when I cannot feel His presence physically or emotionally, I know that His Word is true (Romans 3:4 "Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar"). There is no better place to be than in His capable hands.
Please pray that the Lord will:
a) Use new challenges in my life to conform me into the image of His Son
b) Remove the multiple myeloma from my body
c) Give the doctors wisdom beyond their own capabilities
d) Heal my left eye
e) Help me see His hands in every circumstance
f) Continue to heal my right foot
g) Help me focus on the prayer needs of others
h) Bless those who He has used to meet my needs
i) Receive all praise for allowing me to live at home
Thank you for your prayers. God is our Good Shepherd and sees to our needs for still waters and green pastures. He provides protection from our enemies and comfort for our every situation. Be encouraged today that you belong to Him and His heart is full of love for you. There is nothing too hard for Him.
All praise belongs to the God of the Bible,
Jane
praying, praying, praying in TX!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you and know He will heal you(Lord willing)!!! God is so good! HUGS!
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteYou are in my thoughts and prayers today!
grace
Hi Jane,
ReplyDeleteGlad round three is finished. Praying for you!
Dearest Jane,
ReplyDeleteWe are praising God for you and your life. He is your high tower, your rest and your hope. We often review your prayer requests and hold you up to the Lord.
How great to see Sam with his munchkins. Didn't we have fun seeing them in SF with Jennifer!! The family was God's idea and what a good one. love, M Lou
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteI am lifted up everytime I read your latest post. What a blessing to be able to tell that RN of the peace you have in God's assurances and His constant presence.
I am nearly done working on a fire pit area (a la Calaveras Big Trees) in the rear yard. Psalms 34 keeps comming to mind as I work, expecially verse 7 which says "The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him and delivereth them". I know the Lord has his angels encamped around you.
Thanks for the new photo of Sam and the boys. We love you all very much.
to have your grandsons close enough to visit.
Dearest Jane,
ReplyDeleteYou continue to lift me daily. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily and may God continue to strengthen you as you strengthen all of us.
Love and my immeasurable respect. Love Pat
Hello from Indiana. Praying our Father gives you the gift of healing. You are such an example of his grace in action.
ReplyDelete