Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Proverbs 17: 17 "A friend loves at all time, and a brother (or sister) is born for adversity."



My sisters Linda and Mary Lou showing my fifteen-month old grandson Cianan (pronounced Keanan) the koi fish at the Hotel Kabuki. He is curious about everything. His brother Cuinn (pronounced Quinn) was born July 1, 2010.

Dear Friends and Family,

Thanks so much for your encouragement. It seems quite odd to me that God has given me so many funny moments throughout this whole experience. My sisters and I have laughed and laughed at various times. Perhaps we are just slightly off (or greatly off).

I loved the fresh fruit bouquet sent by LTAC at YCCD. It was delicious and gone before you knew it. Thank you, dear friends.

Medical Update:

1) So far, I've been feeling OK with the chemo and radiation. God has been answering prayer.

2) My radiation therapy takes about five minutes to complete. If you are free on Tuesday, stop by and we'll do it together. The people who administer it are very professional and caring.


Pray that:

a) God will continue to help me each step of the way
b) He will miraculously heal me
c) His name will be glorified in all that happens
d) I will continue to find joy and peace in His presence

There is a song called '"Jesus Cares For Me" by Bart Millard and Thad Cockrell that goes:

Jesus cares for me,
It seems too good to be,
All my worries and doubts released,
Jesus cares for me.

I was all alone,
Without a trace of hope
For me,
Then You came along,
And gave my heart a song
To sing.

Jesus cares for me,
It seems too good to be,
All my worries and doubts released,
Jesus cares for me.

I thought I'd never see
The day my life would be
Made new,
But then my broken heart
Fell right into the arms
Of You.

Jesus cares for me,
It seems too good to be,
All my worries and doubts released,
Jesus cares for me.


The plan is for me to be at home in Modesto this weekend with my son and daughter-in-law, Zac and Krista, helping me. We will then head back to San Francisco early Monday morning for my next week of radiation treatment. I will probably be enjoying the Calvary Chapel Sunday services on TV rather than in person, since my brain surgery makes me look like the Bionic Woman (read big scar) or Igor's wife.

Thanks again for your prayers,

Jane

4 comments:

  1. Are you up for a short visit Saturday afternoon? I am sure you will be quit busy, I would love to see you this Saturday or next. Love you, Summur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summur, I would love to see you for a few minutes on Sat. Is anyone sick in your family? If everyone is well, perhaps you could come at 4 pm. To 215 Poplar Ave. Let me know if this works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane,
    It is so wonderful to see how strong your faith is. It is a real blessing to us Colemans. We will continue to lift you up in our prayers. By the way, congratulations on your new grandson, he is beautiful. I hope to one day meet both of the boys. If you need help with housework or yard work while you are away, please let us know. We would be happy to help in any way.

    Love, Patrick, Jennier Jackson and Drake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane -
    It has been great reading your blogs. I didn't know you had another grandson. How wonderful. And today (Sunday) I read your current entry about your mother's death - something I didn't previously know about. You certainly have a strong faith, and you are a real encouragement to me and to others, I am sure. We continue to pray for you and your treatments and your journey through this time. As you said, we are not the ones in control - and really would we want to be? I know I can certainly make a mess out of things!!

    We are leaving on a trip to WA later this week. When we get back I definitely will want to come and see you.

    Love,

    Pauline Johnson

    ReplyDelete