
During October, I had a wonderful visit with my family in Los Angeles. This picture shows Cianan having lunch during our visit to the LA Zoo. Both Cianan and his brother Cuinn love Thomas the Train DVDs, especially the crash scenes. Like typical grandmothers, Barbara and I both think our grandsons are brilliant and talented.
Dear Family and Friends,
Did you know that there's a promise for our grandchildren in Psalm 103? Verses 17 and 18 say, "But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, and His righteousness to children's children, to such as keep His covenant, and to those who remember His commandments to do them."
What a blessing! There are three things that really speak to me from this Scripture:
1) God is the only righteous One - perfect, upright, just, true, sincere, and blameless. I John 2:29 says, "If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him." His righteousness is given to those who have come into His family by receiving the free gift of salvation through Jesus.
2) This promise is given to our grandchildren who keep His covenant. God extends this everlasting covenant to all of us through the sacrifice of His Son. As we believe that Jesus died on a cross, paying the penalty for our sins, that He was buried and rose from the dead, we enter into His covenant. There is a very precious Scripture on this subject in Hebrews 13:20-21.
3) Also, this promise is given to our grandchildren who remember His commandments to do them. Most of us are familiar with the 10 Commandments but God's commandments are found throughout His Word. That is one of the reasons why we read and study God's Word - so we can learn about His character and find out what pleases Him. The most wonderful thing about obeying God's Word is that, by His Holy Spirit, He gives us the power to do it. I don't know about you, but in my own strength, I cannot do it, but with God's power in me, I can. He will do that for you too!
Physical Updates:
Nothing much has changed, so I'm going to skip this section from now on. If there are any big changes, I'll be sure to put it in my blog. God uses each and every circumstance in our lives to mold us into the image of His Son so I can thank Him for all He is doing.
Thank you for your prayers. Please continue to pray that God will:
1) Reveal more of Himself to me and help me love Him more completely.
2) Control my heart and what comes out of my mouth so that I will be pleasing to Him.
3) Help me learn from my past mistakes and forgive myself - like He has forgiven me.
Again, my gratitude for your prayers. May God richly bless you.
Being carried by His mercy and grace,
Jane
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteIt was a blessing to see Zac and Krista at church a couple of weeks ago, and to introduce them to Karl so he has a frame of reference for the Jane we pray for nightly.
I am always so refreshed in the Lord when I read your blogs. May He continue to fill you through and through, and make you complete in His joy and peace!
Love in Christ,
Alison
How fun to do the zoo with your darling grandkids!! God is good and He is giving you strength for each day. You pointed us to Ps 103 some time ago. It's one we now know by heart and are greatly encouraged by. I love verse 4 "He redeems your life from the pit." Life without the Lord is truly "a pit"- no hope, and no true joy. Yippee for a life with Him!!
ReplyDeleteOoops I forgot to sign my comment love, M Lou
ReplyDeleteIsn't it wonderful to have these beautiful children and grand children. Your faith and love is a priceless example for them.
ReplyDeleteYou are looking so good and have such a great attitude that it's hard to remember sometimes that you are still dealing with the loss of vision, neuropathy in your feet, and lower immune levels and stamina than we would like. We are still praying for continued relief of these side effects as well.
We love you hugely,
Linda and Ed
I am so glad that you got some time with your sweet grand boys. It is so wonderful to read your blog. We miss you and would love to see you soon.
ReplyDeleteJuli
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Jane!!!! Love reading your blog and seeing the Lord work in your life. Thank you for your faithfulness to the Lord.
ReplyDelete