Saturday, October 1, 2011

Psalm 130:5. "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I do hope."


I love this tree I am standing by. It's texture and angle are very interesting. This picture was taken by my friend Beth. Her four-year-old daughter prays for me. I am very blessed to have so many praying friends at work, church and in my family.

Dear Family and Friends,

I am very excited about our new women's Bible study at Calvary Chapel Modesto. It's the study of David's life (you remember, the one who slew Goliath) called "Becoming a Woman After God's Own Heart". The teaching is wonderful, the homework is excellent and the discussion groups are very helpful. Just last Wednesday night we received the following gems from God's Word: (a) we all face our own "Goliaths", problems that threaten to overwhelm us, (b) just like David, we often face our "Goliaths" in the valley rather than on our mountain-tops, (c) the battle is the Lord's, between Him and His enemy, not between us and our problem, (d) like David, we should focus on God's strength rather than on our weakness, (e) don't listen to the wisdom of man as opposed to the wisdom of God, (f) remember your history with God, and (g) don't forget, there is nothing too hard for God. Praise the Lord for the wisdom from His Word. It is incredible.

Physical Update:

1) The neuropathy in my feet is still with me. I am trying some supplements to help control it. Praise the Lord, it doesn't keep me awake at night.

2) The vision in my left eye is still very impaired. Also, the bacterial infection is still there also. The Lord has helped me see well enough to drive for which I am very grateful. How happy I am that my right eye works.

3) I got a cold early in September and my immune system has finally kicked it out. I'm so pleased to be finished with that cough.

Please pray that the Lord will:

a) Continue to heal my multiple myeloma and improve my immune system

b) Give me a good visit with my grandsons in Southern California October 7-9

c) Help me know Him more and continually surrender my life to Him

d) Fill me with His Holy Spirit to do His will

Thank you for your prayers. They do make a difference.

Here's just a word of advice from my friend Jean: Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

Love to you all,

Jane

1 comment: