This picture was taken in Carmel, while my sister, brother-in-law and I spent a weekend in Pacific Grove. We had a wonderful time, ate well and laughed a lot.
Dear Family and Friends,
I am so grateful to God that I belong to Him forever. He drew me to Himself through every circumstance in my life. He accepted me in His beloved Son, welcoming me into His forever family. Nothing can separate me from His infinite love and grace. The love He has for me is not based on how much I deserve it. He will never be disappointed or disillusioned with me because He knows all about me, past, present and future. He calls me His child and I am secure in Him. I am precious in His eyes - what a wonderful thought.
These truths are directly from God's Word - the Bible. All of these truths can be true in your life too. He wants a personal relationship with you and to be your very closest, dearest Friend - a forever Friend. He will never leave you or forsake you. What a comfort.
Work is going well although sometimes stressful. Sometimes I have to say, "Can I get back to you tomorrow"? My boss is very understanding, always concerned for my welfare. I have another whole family at work, people who love me and are very supportive.
Physical Update:
1. My vision has changed slightly. I have developed a stigmatism in my good eye so I have ordered some new contacts that will help me see better. The vision in my left eye is about the same but I have a little bacterial infection in my eyelashes that makes my eyelid swell some. My optometrist is helping me treat it.
2. Once a month I have my blood work done so that the doctors can evaluate whether the multiple myeloma is growing. So far they are happy with the results but my platelets are still in the lower range of normal.
3. My feet are still friends with neuropathy but the Gabapentine helps.
Please pray that God will:
A. Continue the miracle of healing my body
B. Help me focus on the needs of others and point them to God's Word
C. Fill me with His love for people
Last Sunday I attended a memorial service for my step-mother Terry who is now enjoying heaven. I met many of the people who poured out God's love to her in her last years on this earth. What a privilege it was to thank them. Many of them have also been praying for me. I will never know all of you who have been praying but God knows. Thank you.
Resting in His forever love,
Jane
Dearest Jane,
ReplyDeleteHow encouraging to read all those sweet truths about the Lord and His love. He knows my every weakness and loves me anyway. Yippee! We did have such fun in PG at our own pace. You were a great blessing to me as you shared with Russ and Annie about this road of myeloma you've been on. It is a joy to see the Lord in your life in the midst of this trial. I'm praying that we will all know Him even more..spending time talking with Him one on one and checking out His word. We are relearning Psalm 37:3-7a that you showed us actions to remember it by. hugs and love, M Lou
So........Terry is with the Lord. So glad you could attend her memorial service and reconnect with friends. Blessings as you continue to walk this journey and share God's love and strength with others along the way. I'm thankful for the little bits of improvement that you are experiencing.
ReplyDeleteWe saw a great movie called "Seven Days in Utopia" which shows the true meaning of life in a very entertaining and effective way. Highly recommend it.
Marilyn
Jane,
ReplyDeleteIt is wonderful to hear this good report. I wish I could have been with you all in Montery and SF. I attended a song service last night in Hollister. For an hour and an half we were led in song after song of praise. It was so good! They even sang "The Greatest Command" which we learned while camping. I'm including the words here:
Alto:
Love one another, for love is of God.
He who loves is born of God;
And knows God.
He who does not love, does not know God,
For God is love, God is love, God is love.
Bass:
Love bears all things,
Believes all things,
Love hopes all things,
Endures all things.
Tenor:
God is love, God is love, God is love.
God is love, God is love, God is love.
God is love, God is love, God is love,
God is love, God is love, God is love.
Soprano:
Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,
With all thy soul, all thy strength,
All thy mind.
Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,
For God is love, God is love, God is love.
Made my day! You are in my constant prayers - Linda