Saturday, July 30, 2011

I Peter 1:7 "That the genuineness of your faith...may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ."


Thought you might like to see how curly my hair has come in. I always wanted curly hair, so now I have my wish. I'm very happy to be back at work full-time. My work mates have been very supportive.

Dear Family and Friends,

Isn't it wonderful when God confirms, through the teaching of His Word, a lesson that He is walking you through in this life? That is what He is doing for me at Calvary Chapel. Pastor Damian is teaching from I Peter and he has brought out the following points that show how God gives encouragement, perspective and practical helps when we go through deep trials:

1) We are not immune from the trials of this world
2) There are purposes behind our trials:

a) They test the genuineness of our faith
b) They purify our faith
c) They result in a rich entry into heaven, a "Well done" from God

He also talked about three keys to navigating our trials:

A) Have a love for Jesus - it will help you endure any trial
B) Trust Christ with a joy-filled life - He is trustworthy
C) Trust God to do with your suffering what He did with Christ's suffering: bring glory to His name

These are truths from God's Word. Ask Him to show you how He is applying them to your life. God is working all these things through my multiple myeloma and it's wonderful to see His hand at work.

After working half-time in June, I started back full-time in July. I can't believe how quickly the month has gone by. God has helped me and I am getting back into the swing of things. During the summer, we work four 10-hour days so by Thursday I am ready for the weekend. On August 22nd we go back to five 8-hour days so I'm looking forward to that.

Medical Updates:

1) My doctors continue to monitor various monthly tests. I see my UCSF oncologist every three months while my Modesto oncologist also monitors my tests in between. So far, things are looking good, although my platelets are still low.

2) The vision in my left eye is about the same and my feet are still affected by the neuropathy.

3) My energy and appetite are doing well.

Please pray that God will:

a) Help me see His loving care at every turn

b) Encourage me to stay in His Word and draw my strength from it

c) Keep reminding me that heaven is my home, not this world

Thank you for continuing to pray for me. I want to live each day according to His plan and grow in Christ-likeness.

Do you know that He loves you with an everlasting love? Bask in it!

Jane

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jane! Love your new curls! What a fun surprise! I have missed reading your blog, but am so happy that you are able to work again and are experiencing more normalcy.

    Continuing to pray for your vision and feet.

    Mary Lou says you are meeting up with the boys soon. Have a wonderful time!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hair! Looking forward to being with you in a couple of weeks.

    Love,
    Butch

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmitchell@suddenlink.netAugust 3, 2011 at 11:42 AM

    My dear Jane,

    How wonderful to hear that things are going so well. I love your curly hair. This looks like a really easy style, and is very attractive on you!
    You commented that "God confirms, through the teaching of His Word, a lesson that He is walking you through in this life." So often people feel - I don't know - disconnected I guess. If they sit in Bible study or read in the Bible, it's like a little voice is saying "la la la, la la la", and they go on to the next thing without ever being touched. Thank you for the living example that God's word speaks clearly to a heart that is open.

    Love you - Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jane...I love your curls!! That was a difficult way to get curly hair, but if its growing back curly....enjoy it!!!!
    You touch my heart each time I read your posts, and you remind me to trust our Father in all things.
    Wishing you the blessings of each new day...

    ReplyDelete