Saturday, March 12, 2011
I Thessalonians 5:18 "In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God for you."
Last Tuesday, Cindy and Bethany came over to see me at UCSF. It happened to be a good day for me, health-wise, but because I was without an immune system, I could not eat the Subway sandwich they brought for me. I had to stick to hospital food, but we had a good visit in spite of it. On Thursday, Lynette and Kathy came over but I was feeling like I had been hit by a truck (I think it was a Ram 500) so they took a clue from my fetal position and spoke Scripture over me during their visit - both visits were a great blessing.
Dear Friends and Family,
Did you know that God has been with you and has carried you from the day of your birth until now? From the things that have happened to you, you may not think so, but this is what God's Word says:
Isaiah 46:3-4 "Listen to Me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, who have been upheld by Me from birth, who have been carried from the womb: even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you."
Psalm 139:16 "Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them."
And as He carries you through the hard times, even the very worst that this world has to offer, He will establish and perfect your life, giving you serenity. God's Word says:
I Peter 5:8-10 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherood in the world. But may the God of all Grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you."
No one can do what He can do and nothing is too hard for Him. His power to change our lives is spectacular.
Medical Update:
1) This past week has been up and down but the Lord has brought me through. My blood numbers are coming up and hopefully I will be going home on Thursday when Mary Lou arrives from Dallas. Her girlfriend, Janice, will pick Mary Lou up at the airport and then pick me up from the hospital and then on to Modesto. I was going to say HOME instead of Modesto, but that is not quite it.
2) Under the five weeks of house arrest, my immune system will still be low, so Mary Lou will be doing my grocery shopping, library, errands, etc. I can go out for a walk but I cannot stop and chat with people when I'm out.
3) I will have a standing appointment with my UCSF doctors once a week for a month or so. They need to be sure that I'm not getting sick with regular things (like flu or pneumonia). I will also be reestablishing my relationship with my Modesto radiologist.
Please pray that God will:
a) Accomplish all His purposes in the transplant process.
b) Bless all the doctors and nurses who have followed this process and tended me.
c) Glorify His name in the incredible construction of the human body and it's recuperative powers
d) Bless all my friends and family who have cared for me and loved me.
e) Continue to draw me closer to Him and increase my desire to be more obedient to His Word.
Love to each of you. May His face shine through you this week to those who have yet to know Him.
Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dearest Jane,
ReplyDeleteI've been awaiting an update and so glad to hear from you. And I want to remind you about Dave's cousin, who also went through a stem cell transplant. She celebrated her tenth anniversary a couple years ago already, but I remember her being under "house arrest." Not exactly an easy time, but I'm so glad Mary Lou is coming. Have a sweet time as you recuperate.
Thanks again for your thoughtful comments and the precious Scripture passages you shared. God is doing a work in and through you!
Love you bunches!
Marilyn
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray for you. Glad you are getting girlfriend visits in SF!!!! Happy you will be home (Modesto?) soon! I love reading your blogs in how the Lord is working in your life. So very glad Mary Lou is coming out to stay with you. I hope I get to meet her.
I've been making regular trips to the library too as I'm in such a reading mode right now. I have 3 favorite places in my house that I love to read. Your house is so cozy and welcoming...I'm sure you have favorite places too! That might be a good profile picture for your next blog entry.....curled up with a good book?? :)
Love you!!!
Praying!
Lynne
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteOnce again your blog has lifted my spirits! It would be impossible to sit here while you are there if I wasn't sure that the Lord is your constant companion. Thanks for sharing the beautiful words of assurance from scripture. My bible study group was just discussing the "why" question; why do bad things happen to good people? Why me? The question was asked "When bad things happen does it mean that He does not love us?" But that would be inconsistent with everything we know about Him. It is clear to me after following your blog that He uses the bad things to draw us closer to Him because he loves us so much. Your decision to Praise Him in all things has opened the door to a much closer relationship. Thank you for sharing your experience.
I am so glad to hear that everything is proceeding as expected with the exception of having the expected side effect of course (did you get the license of that RAM 500)? I know that Mary Lou is looking forward to spending some time with you - she has such a servant's heart.
Love you, Linda