It's wonderful to see the first signs of spring. The daffodils have come up along my front walkway and they are so lovely. I planted these bulbs a couple of years ago and they keep producing these brilliant flowers each year. Praise the Lord for the beauty of His creation.
The fact that the lilies do not "toil and spin" reminds me of how we grow spiritually. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the Ones conforming us to the image of Christ. Our job is to keep our eyes on Jesus and get to know Him. We become less and less and He becomes more and more. Although we may have a long way to go in this transformation, all praise and glory belong to God for doing for us what we could never do for ourselves.
Dear Friends and Family,
I'm so glad that God made a way for us to be in His family through the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus. God gave Jesus a position infinitely superior to all other powers and authorities. That means that I do not need to strive toward a possible victory, but can live a life in Christ that has already won the victory. He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world. Satan must retreat before the name of Jesus and the Word of God. Isn't that wonderful! God is worthy to be praised.
I am really looking forward to my next hospital stay, since my cleaned stem cells will be put back in me. God enabled some researcher or doctor to develop this procedure to extend the lives of people with multiple myeloma. But to get to the cleaned stem cells, I must go through chemo again to kill all the stem cells remaining in my body, since they contain multiple myeloma.
Medical Update:
1) The drug gabapentine is helping the neuropathy in my feet but I still cannot be on my feet for any long period of time.
2) Hopefully, UCSF will have a bed available for me on Monday, February 28th. I'm ready for my cleaned stem cells.
3) When I left San Francisco on February 11th after 2 1/2 weeks in the hospital, they had taken out enough of my stem cells to transplant me twice. These past two weeks at home have been good but quiet. I do not have the strength in my arms and legs that I have had before. I suppose laying in a hospital bed for 2 1/2 weeks, along with the chemo, may have decreased my energy level.
Please pray that God will:
a) Allow a room to be available at UCSF on Monday morning.
b) Protect me from the side effects of the chemo.
c) Let me recognize His presence no matter how I feel physically.
d) Heal my left eye and repair my left optic nerve.
e) Enable my cleaned stem cells to embed themselves in my system and reproduce quickly.
f) Be glorified in every aspect of my journey with my "friend" multiple myeloma.
g) Help me to know Him more and reflect His love for all people.
Thank you so much for your prayers, cards and e-mails. You are very dear to express your love and concern for me. I appreciate it so much.
A dear friend of mine used to sing the song "Day by Day" to her children at bedtime. This is verse two:
Every day the Lord Himself is near me,
With a special mercy for each hour,
All my cares He fain would bear, and cheer me,
He whose name is Counselor and Power.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid,
'As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure',
This the pledge to me He made.
Resting in the Father's arms,
Jane
Dearest Jane,
ReplyDeleteWe are praying that you get your room tomorrow and for all your requests. It is such a blessing that this treatment has been developed. We are trusting the Lord.
For those reading this, you can e-mail Jane at UCSF or send her notes there too. Just go on the web. More than anything keep praying!!
love, Mary Lou
Dear Jane,
ReplyDeletePraying for you this week as you head back to San Francisco!
Love seeing you posing with your gorgeous flowers! Hope to see you soon!
Love,
Lynne
Hi Jane! Thank you for your posting! I will pray you get a bed when you need it and that your clean stem cells can do their thing. I too am glad God has given people a desire and ability to do medical wonders. I am glad too that it is God who gives the increase. (We just got another result for Serafina, zero rejection level, praise God!)
ReplyDeleteMany blessings to you. I love the photo of you and the daffodils.
-Suzanne
My dear Jane,
ReplyDeleteIt is so good to see that your "friend" multiple myeloma has not dampened your spirit or your sense of humor. Your daffodils are absolutely beautiful! Just like God's word planted in our hearts, they bloom with all of His glory just when we need them.
As of this writing you are in the hospital and have received the first chemo treatment. Praise God that they were able to find a room for you in the time frame you were hoping for. I am praying for the items on your list. I am so grateful that the Lord is with you and that you will have the comfort of His presence during this time.
Thank you for sharing the song lyrics for Day by Day. What a wonderful promise. I can hardly wait to sing it with you. Until then, we are with you in spirit and holding you in prayer.
Love you - Linda and Ed
Jane,
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you and so thankful that the Lord is your constant companion.
Love you,
Denny and Juli