Sunday, January 16, 2011

Psalm 66:20 "Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer, nor His mercy from me!"

Yes, I have a valid driver's license! No, this is not a picture of my car but when I get in to drive my 2004 beige Saturn, it feels just like this picture. Like me, it doesn't really appreciate winter (it used to be a rental car in Hawaii).


Dear Family and Friends,

God did another miracle! After I passed my driving test (including a drive on the freeway), I was told that I would hear from the DMV in Sacramento in a week or two. However, God is in control and I received the letter four days after my driving test. Also, they did not require me to perform any additional tests. Praise the Lord.

One of the things God has taught me without my license is to be completely dependent on Him. When I needed transportation, I would pray and ask God to prepare one of my dear friends to favorably respond to my request. He came through every time. He is faithful and has great compassion and love.

One day I was out raking leaves that had accumulated in the gutter in front of my house. I knew I did not really have the strength to lift the leaves into my green bin, so I prayed, "Lord please send someone to help me." No sooner had I prayed when my across the street neighbor came over to help. I told her she was an answer to prayer - a very immediate prayer. Praise the Lord for His help.

Here's a wonderful prayer from "31 Days of Praise" by Ruth Myers: "Lord, I'm so grateful that all my past circumstances were permitted by You to make me see my need of You and prepare my heart for Your Word...to draw me to Yourself and to work out Your good purposes for my life. I rejoice that You are the Blessed Controller of all things - You are now, You will be throughout the future, and You always were. All my days had Your touch of love and wisdom, whether or not I can as yet fully see it."

Medical Update:

1) I'm going to UCSF on Wednesday, January 19, 2011, to have blood drawn, meet with my oncologist and the social worker, and set the dates for the stem cells to be taken out. This is done outpatient and takes from two to five days. There is still one test to pass before the transplant and that has to do with whether my stem cells will reproduce. I won't know that until UCSF tests them following two weeks of freezing the stem cells they have removed from me. The freezing is to kill all the myeloma in the removed stem cells but the stem cells themselves must survive and reproduce.

2) My feet are still numb and the blepharitis is still hanging on.

3) I can get a little worn out during the day.

Please pray that God will:

a) Be praised for restoring my driver's license.

b) Take control over the UCSF meeting on 1/19/11 (10 am through 2 pm).

c) Remove the chemo side effects from my feet.

d) Help me spend more time worshipping Him and studying His Word.

e) Bring healing to my left eye.

f) Have my stem cells reproduce, if that is His will for my life.

g) Open my eyes to see the good that He is producing in my life through my friend Myeloma.

Thank you for your prayers. I am so grateful for all that have prayed and continue to pray to the One who has all power - the same power that raised Jesus from the dead!

I thank You for the bitter things
They've been a friend to grace,
They've driven me from the paths of ease
To storm the secret place.


Florence White Willett

Praise the Lord for His great power,

Jane

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for your Drivers license!!! Praying for you!!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmitchell@suddenlink.netJanuary 18, 2011 at 2:55 PM

    What wonderful news! We are praising God for all of the progress you have made, for all of the people who He has used to help you, and for all of us who have been encouraged by you and your blog. You are always in my prayers but will be especially so on Wednesday, for a safe trip and for your meetings with the Dr. We love you, Linda and Ed

    ReplyDelete