Saturday, January 22, 2011

James 1:5 "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him."


This picture of Cianan and Cuinn was taken December 2010. Cianan will be two years old next April and his dad says he's already in the "terrible twos". Just think - the child is advanced for his age!

Dear Family and Friends,

Thank you for your prayers, especially for my meeting on January 19th with my UCSF oncologist. I went there to set up the dates for some of my stem cells to be extracted, outpatient, however, the doctor had other ideas. I will be admitted to the UCSF hospital on Monday, January 24th, if there is a bed available. I will be there for 2 and a half weeks for a stronger chemo treatment for four days, 10 days to recuperate, and 1-5 days to extract some of my stem cells. He ordered this treatment because of 8 myeloma "hot spots" that showed up in my PET scan. I was hearing about these hot spots for the first time on the 19th. The doctor wants to bring them down to maybe 2 hot spots before removing the stem cells.

I've been writing on my blog about how we need to trust God completely and submit ourselves to His perfect will. To be honest, I was shocked when the doctor told me his new plan. When I was planning my trip to San Francisco, I wanted to drive over by myself to prove my "excessive independence". So strange that all along by being dependent on others for transportation, He was trying to teach me that I need to be totally dependent on Him and that He would use His people to meet my needs.

I didn't really ask Him whether I should drive to San Francisco all by myself or take someone with me. Working on my "excessive independence", I did not listen to my sister in Dallas or my friend in Modesto who tried to get me to take someone with me. God already knew my driving would be fine, He was concerned about me being alone as the doctor revealed his new plan. He knew what was going to happen and wanted me to have someone with me to minister His care for me, but I would not open my hands to receive His gift. I was too concerned about driving there and back, "all by myself". I am so grateful for God's forgiveness and His encouragement to start with a clean slate. The above dates are tentative. It all depends on God.

Medical Updates

1) The neurophathy is still in my feet.
2) I do not have pain in my bones.
3) I am still treating my eyes for blepharitis.
4) The chemo on Monday will be valcade, dex and PACE. The doctor is thinking that I will lose my hair after this chemo (that will save me some time in the morning). This usually happens after the patient goes home.

Please pray that God will:

a) Remove the multiple myeloma from my body.
b) Make His presence known in the hospital.
c) Give me roommates who need Him.
d) Help me share Christ with everyone.
e) Bless His name in whatever I do or say.
f) Give me fellowship with others who love Him.
g) Flow His love through me.

Thank you for continuing to pray. God is listening and Jesus is interceding.

I am walking by faith, by the grace of God and in hope,

Love,
Jane

7 comments:

  1. Jane, you have had such a huge impact on my Life! You are a teacher, whether or not you intend to be. I too must deal with illness each day. Sometimes it is so difficult to give up trying to be independent and 'in control'. Each day, each minute, each new thing teaches me how much He loves me...to trust in Him!
    I send you my prayers and my love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane, I will be praying for you. Thank you for sharing about the work of God in your life through this. You will likely never know on this earth the impact on the body of Christ your testimony is having, but rest assured God is using you in many ways through this experience.

    As Pastor Damian was preaching about resurrection this morning, I of course throught of Serafina's miracle, how she was alive in spite of having a heart function well below what was deemed "not compatible with life." Indeed, God does things beyond all we think or imagine. Yes, the Lord is very good at resurrection.

    Remember that our hope in Christ is an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast. (Hebrews 6)

    Love in Christ,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. For friends and family of Jane: If you want to e-mail Jane go to: UCSF hospital/ UCSF Medical Center/ scroll down to "send patient a message" and send her an e-mail. If you want to send a card, send it to the address provided on Parnassus Ave. Jane may not be able to use her cell phone or i-pad to respond to you because of all the techno stuff in her room. Thank you everyone for your love and prayer support. Zac and Krista are with her today and will take her to SF as soon as a room is available. (mon or tues)
    Hi Jane, I posted this as I told you I would. We love you a bunch and are praying as you requested. Jesus loves you!!! love, M Lou in Dallas (FYI:I hope to get Jane out of the hospital and be with her at home whenever that happens)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To: Mary Lou....thank you SO MUCH for the above info regarding contacting Jane while she's in the hospital in SF. MUCH appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lmitchell@suddenlink.netJanuary 24, 2011 at 9:00 AM

    Hi Jane,

    Today's post about your desire to drive yourself to your Dr.'s meeting really hit home. We have been discussing Praise in our Bible study, and yesterday's lesson was about praising God especially during trying times, because it is during times of trial that we grow spiritually. So in that light - I am praising God for this incident. It is reassuring that even when we make mistakes or fall short of expectations, we can use it to adjust our attitude and grow even closer to God. Thank you for sharing all that you are learning through this process.

    I'll be sending you e-mails to the address M Lou listed and holding you in my prayers.

    Love you - Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer Hindman is praying for you today! Jane - it is encouraging to see that your sense of humor hasn't been touched by myeloma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear friends of Jane,

    You can call Jane at her bedside using this number:415-514-5314. She is hanging in there. Great food. In pain, but trusting the Lord. Jeanne (our step-sister)was visiting when I called yesterday. God is good. love, M Lou

    ReplyDelete