Sunday, September 12, 2010
Psalm 91:4 "He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge, His truth shall be your shield and buckler."
Dear Family and Friends,
Here I am, sitting on my own front steps. How good of the Lord to allow me to be back at home. Thank you for all your prayers. I appreciate them so much, each and every one.
The Lord is teaching me obedience, taking up my cross daily and obeying Him. Of course, the wonderful thing about obedience is that I do not have to depend on self-discipline but I can rely on the Holy Spirit (freely given to those who believe) to work in me to will and to do His good pleasure (Philippians 2:12-13).
Medical Update:
1) The radiation on my left eye is complete. I do have some vision in it but the changes seem to have stopped for now. My depth perception is "iffy" but praise the Lord, I can still read.
2) I am continuing my chemo here in Modesto at Doctor's Medical Center, starting my third course tomorrow. No one knows how many courses will be done as it depends on the results. The doctors will test as we go along, looking for the right numbers.
3) Praise the Lord that He has released Zac and Krista back to their home and his job. What a blessing that his work had Family Leave. This week Mary Lou and Butch are here. They leave on Thursday when I will be on my own, arranging transportation to doctor's appointments and grocery shopping. The Lord has allowed me to do other tasks myself, as long as they don't involve driving.
4) My blood clotting levels have stabilized with coumadin but my right foot is still quite swollen. I try to keep it elevated but there are so many times when I need to walk here or there.
5) I'm finding that my sleeping pills are giving me occasional nightmares. The doctor says that this is typical of sleeping tablets but I'm going to try one that is supposed to have fewer side effects.
6) My cough is better since I changed to Claritan. The cough is still there but not as bad as before.
7) I am a little unsteady on my feet and my hands are shaky, but I am gaining strength in my legs since going off the steroid pills. I still get steroids in the chemo medicine so my leg strength may go up and down.
8) I am in charge of setting out my medications each week and ensuring that I take what the doctor has ordered.
Please pray that the Lord will:
a) Continue to teach me how to hear His voice, obey Him and make His heart glad
b) Bring healing to my body
c) Bless all those who have ministered to me in this trial
d) Glorify His name in my life
e) Give me the wisdom to handle my medications
e) Help me pitch my "tent" nearer heaven
Thank you for all your cards and e-mails. If your card is addressed to the hospital at UCSF, the volunteer there is very faithful in forwarding on messages from you. Sometimes I get them after a week or two, but I get them eventually..
I am in the middle of changing my daily diet, trying to eat more raw fruits and vegetables. I don't know how much good it will do my body physically at this point in the myeloma but I certainly feel better and am not consuming as many cancer promoting foods as before.
The Lord is so faithful to "cover me with His feathers" and give me great joy in His presence,
Love,
Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jane--I would be happy to help out with rides or whatever you need. Is your chemo all in Modesto now? Regarding the fresh fruit thing....I'm now hooked on a fabulous fruit stand on the corner of Oakdale & Claribel. I'm going there weekly. I would be happy to take you there or pick up something for you when I'm there. Just give me your list! :)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Lynne
Praying for you sister! May God give you comfort and energy, and no more nightmares. Love you!!!!
ReplyDeleteJane - how wonderful to see you sitting on your own front steps again! I'd love to be there sitting right beside you. You are such an inspiration to me, as you focus on God's plan for you during this time, and your prayer requests are a blessing to me as I repeat them on your behalf.
ReplyDeleteI am also glad that Mary Lou and Butch are there this week as you transition back to living a more independent life. God has blessed you with great neighbors and a wonderful loving church family. He put them in place for a reason. Maybe for just for this little while you could think of your "to do" list as a blessing you can give. Keep a pad and pen next to your chair (where you are elevating that foot), and as you think of something that need to be done, write it down. It will still be there to do when someone comes to visit, or calls to ask how they can help.
If that doesn't work for you remember this; the sooner you get that swelling down, the sooner you can start doing more for yourself.
So much from your bossy sister,
I love you - Linda
I pray that your nightmares stop and you will have a restful night sleep.
ReplyDeleteI am always a phone call away. I will drive you anywhere anytime. Just let me know, 968-3932.
Always,
-Arbella
Hi there, Jane!
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute sitting on your porch. I'm so glad I was there and can visualize you in your home. May God bless and keep you safe as you transition into more of your own care.
I have been walking and memorizing Psalm 103. What a blessing it is. May God continue to use it to encourage you. May He "satisfy your desires with good things so your youth is renewed like the eagle's." And "as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love to those who fear Him."
Hold tight to that and know that I love and continue to pray for you often.
And I agree with your bossy sister. Learn to let others do things for you so that leg can heal. :)
Much love from your cousin,
Marilyn